Osama Bin Laden Dead

Elton

not sure the taliban existed in the soviet times but america funded the groups around at the time of which one? eventually became the taliban?

I remember seeing news articles with regard to the Talibhan Guerillas blowing up USSR supply columns and killing those captured.

Again I would be fearful of being a USA ally today. What might happen to me in 10-20 years?

The risk of taking Osama alive was no greater than the operational risk. His bodyguards were isolated and eliminated before they even got close to him. Was it not women who were his last line of defense?

If he was killed then there was a reason they did not want him alive...BS about No1 on death list.

I do not think anyone would have argued against his torture...do you??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing news articles with regard to the Talibhan Guerillas blowing up USSR supply columns and killing those captured.

Again I would be fearful of being a USA ally today. What might happen to me in 10-20 years?

The risk of taking Osama alive was no greater than the operational risk. His bodyguards were isolated and eliminated before they even got close to him. Was it not women who were his last line of defense?

If he was killed then there was a reason they did not want him alive...BS about No1 on death list.

Even if he was alive, do you think they would admit it? Imagine how many hostages would be taken, to exchange for his release, as well as any reprisals. This way we just get the reprisals.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It still doesn't sit easy with me, that for whatever the reason, the USA sent a military force into a foreign country without invitation and then brag about it......

If they do that to their allies......

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

yes because its not effectual as a way of gaining intelligence (point a pair of electrodes at me and i will tell you anything never mind if its the truth) and you cannot point a finger at a regime for torturing people as uncivilised then boldly go about torturing people yourself

the taliban were established militarily in 1994 (the wonder of the web) the Russians retreated in 89 ,the Mujahideen were the chaps funded and trained by everyone including the usa but the term now encompasses anyone we regard as an enemy there ,they are all intermingled and all stem from america not liking russians in one way or other

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

WARNING Apparently there are some fake sites appearing, saying they have a picture of bin ladens bloodied corpse/body/face, if you try to access, click on, these links they send nasty viruses and trojans etc.. This is not a hoax, please be aware of which sites you use.

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

got a link :whistling:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Breaking news: the DNA of Bin Laden has come back with a reading of 24% cocoa, 57% coconut, 18% sugar, and 6% milk. Experts say this is probably due to the Bounty on his head....

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

:lol:

The USA are going to have an additional public day off... We're all going on Osama Holiday....'

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine