Blody Huge Viteaytypeblokeythingumybob

Alan Fawcett

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I''ve been trying to remember just who sent the nasty PM to Orca that got the whole thing started. Can't and don't have the first clue what might have been in it.

There are some posters from that topic I wish were still here, some that are better gone forever, and a couple who are back with a different ID and are pleasant to have around.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for the memories pal, i've just gone back and started reading a thread from way back in 06!!!!

This One

ahhhhh the good old days :lol: :lol:

Hi Alan, we don't see as much of Mr Vitae these days, though he does pop up from time to time.

He's not had a good time of it lately, ever since the 'Whippingham Weekly' did an expose on him, he's been a bit withdrawn. It seems that they did an investigation into his ancestry, and it came up with some surprising info'. He got an injunction out against them, which turned into a super injunction, and now I believe it's a mega injunction! Because of this, I can't go into too much detail, but I can say that he was ostracised by most of the islanders, and he spent several days wandering the island, muttering something about not having French blood.

I'm glad to say that the last I heard he was on the mend, (despite the impending court case regarding the donkey and the pot of jam), and is well into finishing his book, '101 things to do with a Hampster'. He's hoping to have it published in time for the Autumn, to coincide with this seasons jam making.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John, is it a creature or a basket of cups and plates?? "'101 things to do with a Hampster'." :P

Well you NEVER know with that man.........

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

i miss ferret ,some don't and some hate but overall a good guy with a taste in the strange (usually machines) not so often seen on the forum.hardly worth banning people though for off the screen remarks however bad though IMHO

as for me just the usual chesters1, rarely changing his spots even when its flecks of Marmite.

not a good day today mrs went for her op ,we got in at 7am i got the hint and left at 9 and at 11 she phoned saying it was cancelled :angry: back Thursday for a repeat.

the consultant seemed fine but the knocker out guy a pig ,rather than "discussing " her anaesthetic and asking her what she would like (there's 3 or so options) he told her she would do it this way (his way) then moaned he didn't see a drug on her list that was plainly there .if it had been me he certainly wouldn't have got off so lightly ,i bit my tongue those curtains dont have much raised voice muting capability.

the staff seemed ok i just wish i could grasp half of what they say ,the nurse though was thorough.

the strangest thing though was in her 6 bed ward and the one next door every patient had a different surgeon don't they do more than one op each a bloody week?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the strangest thing though was in her 6 bed ward and the one next door every patient had a different surgeon don't they do more than one op each a bloody week?

Now come on Chesty, you don't expect surgeons to spend all their time surgeoning do you? They've got more important things to do, like tennis and golf :rolleyes:

I hope your missus gets her operation on Thursday though, no-one likes to be kept waiting for those things.... And my best wishes to her :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

:D

John, is it a creature or a basket of cups and plates?? "'101 things to do with a Hampster'." :P

Well you NEVER know with that man.........

I spelt it right Chris, it's an island thing, (have you seen 'The Wicker Man' ?). :o

I hope it all goes well for your missus chesters, she has enough on her plate, putting up with you. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

yes she was looking forward to the rest and my sister the free labour as i was going to stay with her as she's only a mile or so from the hospital ,now everyone is disappointed :D

well at 7 am the journey from our place took 20 minutes nearly an hour if i get risky and take chances in the rush hour ,i hate rush hour in cars ,strangev name too the last thing you do is rush anywhere more like trundle slowly.

we read her notes and in 1994 it was suggested she had her joint flushed ,now its none existent almost perhaps the flushing would have stopped the problem? her constant pain has made her favour her other leg and thats almost as bad :rolleyes:

my sister was very impressed with my old volvo ,perhaps it was because it had a load of 6ft long flat pack in it from B&Q for me to use the free labour on :D women dont you just love em

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All the best to your Mrs Chesters. Hope it goes well.

Looking back does make you wonder where everyone has gone. Do you think Facebook & similar have got anything to do with it or was it the arguements.

I was off line for 3 years so didn't really see what was going on.

All the best to your Mrs Chesters. Hope it goes well.

Looking back does make you wonder where everyone has gone. Do you think Facebook & similar have got anything to do with it or was it the arguements.

I was off line for 3 years so didn't really see what was going on.

not sure but it is quiet ,if me and Cory didn't bicker on scientific stuff i'm sure the non fishing bit would be dead ,plenty of lookers though from what i can see.

perhaps the old hardline argue just for fun members are down to a handful now ,there's little else happening :(

even my and others downright ignorance made some of the lurkers cut in for the hell of it :D

some of the biggest threads pulling in the most members were the bickering ones ,now most people either dont bite or are afraid to speak up there's little happening ,even getting shot down in flames is better than sitting on the ground :D

does it matter the truth is less evident in posts so long as theres posters ,i have never let truth get in the way of posting ,occasionally i insist on it on the rest its down to opinion :D

Edited by chesters1