Your weekend plans

Good news heavy rain :yahoo: here so grass cutting will be delayed and we can get out onto the the Thames tonight hopefully ,Where i shall be targeting Carpbel at night and big Stripeys in the day B) .

Tight lines. :thumbs:

Damn, I seem to be stuck home packing and do house work. How did that happen. :angry:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blank here, one sharp pluck on a little paddle tail shad and that was it! I did get the first bit of bait into the carp swim though, so that's underway. How did everyone else get on?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I like the drip feed idea. I was thinking of something similar either on a pole or hung from an overhanging tree but I hadn't made up my mind whether to go with holes or just a splash of water and let then crawl up and out.

The idea was to follow up with a sinking rubber maggot on the fly rod.

With Fridays rain, it's on hold for yet another week

I might go out tommorrow though. Will play it by ear.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Result!

yep should have been but after we got there the grass was dry enough to cut which meant by the time we got out on the thames it was a bit late and feeling knackerd couldnt really be arsed to fish ,never mind travelled to Goring today and the river was tap water clear last weekend so thought it would be good for a stripey or 2 ........dah dah bugger trhe algae bloom from Abingdon has obvioiusly spread downstream making pred chasing a no no so Carpbel rods out and its sit and wait time .

Anderoo unlucky fella but at least it was a bite which is more than i have had .

Rustys patented maggot trickle feed system worked a treat and he rang to brag just as i am thinking i shoulkd have stayed around Sonning but you will have to read his blog to see how he did .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I'll probably be having another go at drop shotting tomorrow evening and I've an afternoon’s trotting after barbel planned for Saturday. I’m going to try and rig up a drilled bait box on a bank stick, I can stick it in the river on the right line fill it with maggots and just let them trickle out while I explore other swims. On my return I’m hoping there’ll be a queue of hungry barbel waiting for me.

The traditional way is to hang a dead rabbit from a branch 2 weeks ago.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I ended up meeting up with Tigger today and going for a spin on a canal. It was a pleasure to see such a great looking canal and we had a decent little session and a good chat. I had two perch (my first on a spinner) and lost one and also lost a pike and I believe Ian had 2 or 3 perch and a good few that unfortunately came off.

Ian was a real gent and was very helpful and I am looking forward to our next time out where we will hopefully be doing some trotting. I will most likely add a blog entry when I get a bit more time.

Cheers Ian

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Glad to hear you got what you were after. Its always good when A plan comes together. :thumbs:

I still think a dead rabbit a la Crabtree would ahve been more impressive than the dribbly bait box. I did something similar recently. Wading to trot -a swim that can only be trotted by wading - while holding a small handful of maggots in the left hand and trotting with the right. Got nowt but chub!

Well done Rusty - good fishing.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Well done Rusty - good fishing.

Thank you Mikey, not up to your standards but pleasing all the same. Good to see you posting, it's been a while.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back