what would you like to see in a fishing programme?

mark barrett

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see more underwater shots.

Fish reacting to pre-baited areas, different types of bait etc. Fish reacting to bank side disturbance baits entering the water, different breaking strains, different terminal tackle.

Maybe get 2 "competing" anglers to fish close to each other fishing different methods and record how the fish react differently.

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

totally with you on that one Jak.

Would love it if it were possible to rig a mini camera up inside a lure? Sure that must be getting on for near possible nowadays. and then see a live take. would see just how many follows occured.

Cant see it tho, would probably cost a fortune to set up.

I'd like to watch a program that 'follows the seasons', With weekly 'news'

IE. Now it would be the Start of Piking / end of Trout / Carp / Bass ,then into 'proper' winter fishing for Grayling / Cod etc.

Sort of a calender type program for the 'all round' angler.

No need to do each bit in depth - focus on the a fishy each week but cover the 'also rans' as well.

(Similar to good old Jack Hargreeves fishing bit's - they were often 'now' type features you could watch & do the next weekend)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I had an idea for a programme. Famous anglers competing at venue and area unknown to them. No tackle but given a budget of money. Say two days to get the biggest catch but you have to find local tackle shop, work out what to buy with your budget, so best deals for optimum catches, maybe even have to feed yourself from that budget too.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

underwater shots would require set up and research time that the production company may not have the budget for. technically there's no reason why the camera inside a lure would wouldn't work, would hve to be a big lure though, to accomodate camera, transmitter, batteries etc.

mark i don't know who you're working with on this series, but making TV programs is what i do for a living, let me know if there's anything i can do for you

i would like to see anglers fishing different day ticket waters across the country, that way angling folk can all get an insight into how to fish a water in their local region, might also increase abit of publicity too.

steve.

Another vote for some US material. There must be tons of musky, striper, bass and walleye fishing material that's been about for a decade or so who's distributors would welcome Discovery opening up the European market for their material.

In the UK, it'd be a good idea to try doing all the things that Mr Wilson tries to avoid. How does our angler choose his swim? What features does he see or anticipate from looking at the water and what does he see as being the likely fish content of the peg? How does he decide how to takle the water? How does he set up his tackle - in detail. How does he fish/control the tackle?. What does he end up catching ?

No pictures of pretty birdies or flowers.

Not that there's anything wrong with Mr Wilson's format, but there's more than 10 years worth on film already and a change would be nice.

On the lure issue, no need for transmitters. Just record the video to a chip and upload it after every couple of casts.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

tommo666:

I had an idea for a programme. Famous anglers competing at venue and area unknown to them. No tackle but given a budget of money. Say two days to get the biggest catch but you have to find local tackle shop, work out what to buy with your budget, so best deals for optimum catches, maybe even have to feed yourself from that budget too.

I think this idea has merit even my wife loved reel wars as she became interested in the competative side of fishing, and she said one of the presenters was eye candy :) . I found the whole thing interesting as they had to survivie on what they caught and had to pick tackle from a budget.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/