Zyg's phone bill

Tony 1

Zyg Gregorek owner of Anglers paradise came home to a nasty shock after having his mobile stolen whilst on a marlin fishing holiday read below link.

westernmorningnews.co.uk/displa...ntentPK=8397299

I live about 25 miles from Anglers paradise, Zyg has been on our local BBC radio Devon phone in, where everyone has been backing Zyg :)

Zyg is a really nice bloke I often bump into him when he comes shopping to Exeter, as you can see it is affecting Zyg's wife quite bad I hope he can sort the matter out with T mobile.

In the mean time I just like to say me and my Mrs are thinking of you both.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Thank goodness the firm involved have now waived the bill! You'd think that alarm bells would start ringing at some point!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Funny you should bring this up Elton.

After seeing all the usual comments about him being a `sponger`. ( Owning a fishing complex, yet spending his free time. Fishing all around the world). In this weeks Angling Times is a congratulatory piece by Keith Arthur?( 5 Live chappie at the weekend?)

He was congratulating Zyg on his feat of catching all the known species of `Bill fish` in the world! Stating that he`d had the money to accomplish the feat, but that shouldn`t count against the man. It was still a huge feat?

My question is?

Since when did a business man, not check his mobile for a couple of weeks?

"It must have been stolen when we landed in South Africa he bleated". So what was he doing in the Seychelles? Then Mauritius? Didn`t he ever wonder why he wasn`t getting the odd bleep on the phone? I can`t think of a single angler that I know that doesn`t check every hour or so for the odd message? But to go 2 weeks without wondering why no-one wants to get in touch? When you own one of the best coarse fishing complexes in the land? Wouldn`t you want to check up now and again? Just to make sure that everything was OK?

Apparently Zyg didn`t want to. He only realised his phone was missing when he got back to Heathrow and wanted to arrange a lift? To where? Devon?

This stinks of stale dead baits.

Did you see the pic of Zyg and his wife in todays papers? We`re only poor business folk he bleated!! Poor?

So poor, that Zyg and his wife can manage to travell the world and complete the `Grand Slam` of bill-fish. Then complain that he didn`t notice that his mobile had been stolen 2 weeks previous, then wanted his phone company to let him off the bill!!

Sorry Zyg. I`ve seen what you charge your anglers.

:P Paul. :P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Well, to be honest I never check my phone from leaving UK soil to getting back on it.

My work is set up so that it can be handled by others in my absence.

My secretary has an itinery so I can be obtained if needs be.

The only reason I take my phone, usually switched off, is incase I ever need to make an emergency call. I'm with Zyg on this one.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I'm also with zyg, a message left on your voice mail telling callers to call the office as you're out of the country saves getting bothered by day to day trivialities. why shopuld he carry his mobile with him, he's on a fishing trip for gods sake, i'm sure there are plenty of people back in the uk who can look after things for him.

I am with Zyg but Spasor is right.

Zyg is a millionare (maybe a multiple one) not some poor business folk.

He has his own boat in the Maurlin world cup every year in Mauritius and takes various STAR fishermen (Mat Hayes, Keith Arther to name a few) and his family as crew.

I have stayed in the hotel that hosts this event on my honeymoon for two weeks out of season.

That cost me FOUR GRAND!!!!!!!

To hire a game boat for the day costs about a grand out of season!

I have seen the price list for anglers paradise.

What a total scank.

You hire an overpriced shack for a week but then have to pay more to fish !!!!!!!

The prices to fish are also well over the odds compared to most day ticket prices.

I bet Zyg would not be so forgiving if he caught you fishing without the right ticket!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

this isnt about how much money the man has got, or whether the rates at his fishery are competetive or not. anyone of us could get our phone stolen, and end up with a bill like he did.

I find some of the comments bizarre,

the man runs a succesful business, he is successful because he targets the right audience with the appropriate means by which they can pay him cash, and they pay it.

They end up happy as does he.

As to the marlin boat trip, sounds like a great tax deductable way of getting a bit of advertising and "thanking" some of the star fishermen for their continued support.

What I can never understand about this country is why some people always have a go at those who have done well. In the states he'd be hailed as a hero!

As to the comment that the bill is an expense he can't afford my views are:

1. He shouldn't have to, no-one should end up suffering from any crime and it is terrible that anyone does, no matter how trivial the offence.

2. If he's spening so much on fishing trips and continues to invest in his business it's not unreasonable that he doesn't has a spare 8k.

I recently acted for a friend, a multimillionaire, who was buying another property, the problem was that he'd overextended himself too far on the purchase and didn't have enough for the stamp duty, and had to borrow it from a friend, as he was already up to his eyeballs with the bank.

Being a millionaire often means that you're rich in capital but don't have assets immediately available.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil you beat me to it, I was watching the way the thread was going and was going post on similar lines, but I got involved in a long winded call with a client and you piped me to the post excuse the pun :D .

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Also on LBC radio in London Zyg stated that the phone belonged to his WIFE which was only used to contact some people on the way to the airport and then put away. This phone is hardly used and he stated that the usual bill was only 15 quid..ish!

He then said they only discovered that the phone was missing when they needed to contact someone on the way from the airport. Personally if I was going on holiday, I'd bury my phone somewhere so nobody could contact me and guess this is what they did except for some lowlife digging it out and nicking it. Why the guy should critisized for this I don't know and to be honest nobody knows his personal finances so it's a bit unfair to comment on them!

IMHO of course!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!