June 16th Question

Elton

Yup! had to be done so I booked a holiday, enjoyed every minute of it, and the fish we caught made me even happier.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Absolutely, fished Buss Creek in Southwold, 18lb including 4lb 1oz Tench but problems with the number of Rudd, that is if too many fish in your swim can be classed as a problem. Packed up at lunchtime and went to a pond for a couple of hours during the evening. Only one 6oz tench but had a great time with a Sparrow Hawk nearly taking my head off as it came in for a Reed warbler (which it missed as well). Catching fish in the morning or not catching in the evening didn't really matter, had a great time doing both.

Edit Note: comment was rude, inflamatory and absolutely uncalled for. Deleted.

Newt

[ 18. June 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Full week me had great days fishing today as well,12 tench from 1Lb-4Lb and a 2Lb cruey :) .First day season wos a let down though just loads of roach,great day out though 24hrs wos out for :) .

Andy Macfarlane:

Edit Note: comment was rude, inflamatory and absolutely uncalled for. Deleted.

Newt

Are we to take it that Andy took the day off, got the sack, blanked, fell in and broke his rod?

Me, its just like Christmas, a day NOT TO BE MISSED!

To right, me and 2 other managers at work took the 16th/17th of so we could have a weeks worth of fishing to do, also took the 21st for my first comp (this saturaday) We left work with only 2 shift running managers for the day, there ment to have 3. :rolleyes: Whoops. :D

No chance

time is precious, my daughter is precious and any days holidays are spent with her.

My fishing is limited to two evenings a week and half a day at the weekend.

The 16th has losts its magic for me since the demise of the closed season on stillwaters.

As a youth my family and friends suffered for three months as a result of the OLD closed season.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!