Bailing out the Euro

ColinW

chesters1,

Come on over here. You won't get the same pension - you'll do better.

Phone

Edit:

Ohh - - - and we have a "history" of accepting Brits in bad standing. My great great - - ? - - grandfather was a warder, hence, my surname "Warder".

Edited by Phone

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain,

Essentially we now have "open boarders" to our South. Unlimited immigration - or raise the standards in Mexico using US resources? We are struggling with answers. We too have available "no questions ask" policy to social and economic benefits. Wage earners send 68% of net income home anyway. They are, by far, our hardest working "labor force" in the true sense of "labor" (and also lowest paid). Couldn't do without them really. You understand, some of this paragraph is "my opinion".

Phone

Yep no problem with opinions. we all have them. But i still cant see what relevance it has to the European situation.

I suppose the easiest comparison is you moving to a different state, but still in the USA.

We have free borders, ONLY within the EU. Even then some countries can be stopped from entering certain other EU countries, if financial circumstances dictate.

Romanians cannot now enter Spain, until end 2012 for example. We have too many of our own unemployed.

People enter from other EU countries to live/work in the UK. British also leave the UK to Live(work in other EU countries).

Social security payments are accumulated for pension purposes etc from all EU countries worked in.

Health entitlements are also transferred with the worker/retired pension.

blimey Phone the thought horrifies me ,all those denims and pickups and the lack of freedom :o

my thoughts on america is strangely similar to a certain top gear presenter :D

as for americans your ok if you live in america and i will reply if you post on here even to the odd insult in retaliation to mine ,are you phonebush of old or was he killed in some gangland thingy or shot cleaning his six shooter?

classic :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...ticle681768.ece

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Captain you are missing my point. My point is

A Spanish person or British person, or whatever nationality a person is.

If that person has paid NOTHING into the country's assets where he/she would like to claim, he/she is entitled to claim off that country, simply because he/she has paid his /her dues into his /her own country.

Is that what yopur saying?

Sorry i give up.

err do we get the same pension if we live in spain?

You get your British pension. Exactly the same as you would in the uk. The British government has been forced to pay the same amount and the same increases as a UK resident, by the European court.

The pensioners that live outside the EU, only get the amount they were due on the date they left. The UK government refuses to pay their own pensioners the increases.

They have been condemned by other governments around the world for this, but they just dont care about their own pensioners it seems.

Some foreign governments have had to top up British pensioners own pensions, from their own government coffers, or see the British pensioners starve. Its truly shameful.

Sorry i give up.

Ok Captain to answer your question.

If thats the law of the land then who am i to voice an opinion against it.

All i can say is this. I have never claimed a penny off this country in 37 years. I have been diagnosed wth a degenerative condition, and gave up work, i was given 6 months help. After that i was told that i should claim JAS, which i did, with reservations. I was told this

Sorry sir you cannot claim because of your degeneratve conditions, you are unfit for work. !

And then i find out a non British person can come into the country and claim benefits that i am not entitled tp claim, after paying into the system for 37 years.

Can you understand how that makes me feel ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

All i can say is this. I have never claimed a penny off this country in 37 years. I have been diagnosed wth a degenerative condition, and gave up work, i was given 6 months help. After that i was told that i should claim JAS, which i did, with reservations. I was told this

Sorry sir you cannot claim because of your degeneratve conditions, you are unfit for work. !

And then i find out a non British person can come into the country and claim benefits that i am not entitled tp claim, after paying into the system for 37 years.

Absolutely, I am sorry to hear of your problems.

But, that situation is entirely down to your government. Nothing to do with anybody else, not the EHCR or the human rights legislation.

We have exactly the same laws as you, exactly the same ECHR and human rights laws, but our government chooses not to pay unless a person has contributed to the country.

The rules on how benefits are administered are made entirely on a national level, by individual countries.

For what its worth, i think your government has it badly wrong.

But if they choose to pay ONLY to people that have contributed, then that must be irrespective of racial origin.

Thats what they been ordered to do.

Hurrah, cleard that up then :rolleyes:

I gather that your Spanish then ?

PS

I'm over in Torrevieja in a week, maybe you couldd call down the house and show me some sights. ;)

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Captain,

Very complex. Probably only good for coffee shop talk. It woud require creating a "dollar" economy in North America (Canada is, for all practical purposes already on a dollar standard) much like the Euro is in Europe. Mexico City, the world largest city by population, is pretty much on a dollar standard too. So, for a nation like the US with generally compassionate social ideals and fiscal conservatives to accept the cultural standards of economy in rural Mexico, Central and South America is going to be "catch 22". Damed if we do, damned if we don't. We too have many folks in the US out of work. It is a matter of "degree". Topped off is that some South American countries "don't want us" (politically and ideologically) although they like $$$$.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Ok Captain to answer your question.

If thats the law of the land then who am i to voice an opinion against it.

Did you "give up work" off your own back, or were you signed off by a doctor? Did you mean JSA rather than JAS? Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote