do as we tell you

barry luxton

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sincere apologies.

I WILL NEVER in my lifetime consider myself as European, with or without a referendum.

The Queen or King of England, The Holy Father, His Highness the Pope, The Chief Rabbi, any PM be him/her from this country or from the Continent., and with respect you, will ever change my mind.

Just because the status quo say so, it does not mean i have to fall into line and accept that voting from other people.

As the Prisoner said, i am a MAN and not a number, my mind is my own, and that way it will stay.

As i have stated, English first, British second European, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Can i ask you a personal question ?

Are you a patriotic person ? are you a Royalist or a Republican. ?

I think i already know the answer.

I am neither; I am an Disestablishmentarianist. I'd like the Monarch to be EITHER Head of State, or Head of the Church of England, but not both. I'd prefer she gave up being Head of the CofE and remained Head of State. The idea of President Blair or President Thatcher kinda scares me a bit.

You seem to be implying (that word again, but if you called a spade a spade I wouldn't have to second guess you) that one could not be a republican and be patriotic.

Strange that despite being vehemently anti-European you are happy to have as Head of State a family of Krauts and Greeks?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

That depends on their individual feelings.

I would doubt that in indiginous Americans think that they are Americans come to that matter, after all they were there long before the British and EUROPEANS settled their land. ;)

As i have stated, i will not think i am European, what other people feel, whatever country or continent they come from has no reflection on my individual feeling about the matter.

They are free to think what they like, and the same goes for me.

People may say i'm European, but i will always correct them and inform them i am not a European. :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I am though, i dont live on the Continent where Europe is so how can i be clased as a European ?

There's no way of denying that is there.

Yes there is The British Isles are on the continent of Europe. Go have a look in an atlas that shows continental shelves on it and you will see. Next you'll be saying that Tasmania is not in Australia, or that New Zealand is two different countries.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

That depends on their individual feelings.

I would doubt that in indiginous Americans think that they are Americans come to that matter, after all they were there long before the British and EUROPEANS settled their land. ;)

As i have stated, i will not think i am European, what other people feel, whatever country or continent they come from has no reflection on my individual feeling about the matter.

They are free to think what they like, and the same goes for me.

People may say i'm European, but i will always correct them and inform them i am not a European. :D

You are a European, and so is your Queen.

Strange that despite being vehemently anti-European you are happy to have as Head of State a family of Krauts and Greeks?

Strongs words to describe the royal family. LoL

Same a most of the English then, Romans, Swedes, Danish, etc etc etc. A nationality of bitsa's. :o

Is it so wrong to feel that i, and no boubt millions of other's, feel we are not Europeans. People may try and change my mind about my/our National Idenitity, but carry on, it will never be changed.

As i have stated previously. feel free to think of yourself as European, but please dont try and tell me i am, and i wont tell you that you are not European. ;)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

You are a European, and so is your Queen.

Now your just trying to inflame the subject by trying to annoy me, sorry but it wont work. :D

Were you born on the continent ? :D

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

Were you born on the continent ? :D
I was born in Helensburgh.

Davy,

Although this is the most rediculious thread in a while perhaps I can help. The problem is simply with the words.

For example, you ask, "So Hawaiians ain't Americans?"

Well, no. But that doesn't reflect on them being US citizens. In fact, what we "call" Hawaiians can have several "classifications." Doesn't really matter except to explain the origins of all citizens of the United States of America. If you use the US CENSUS terms there are VERY few "Americans" For example, I am just "white" because I have a European background . American Indians are seperated from other "Indians" however by using the term "American". It's really stupid. You may use the words any way your wish. Andrew is European or Neanderthal. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between British and Neanderthal.

Phone

Davy,

Although this is the most rediculious thread in a while perhaps I can help. The problem is simply with the words.

For example, you ask, "So Hawaiians ain't Americans?"

Well, no. But that doesn't reflect on them being US citizens. In fact, what we "call" Hawaiians can have several "classifications." Doesn't really matter except to explain the origins of all citizens of the United States of America. If you use the US CENSUS terms there are VERY few "Americans" For example, I am just "white" because I have a European background . American Indians are seperated from other "Indians" however by using the term "American". It's really stupid. You may use the words any way your wish. Andrew is European or Neanderthal. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between British and Neanderthal.Phone

why so personal Phone, :o A rather nasty and extremely insulting, provocative remark i may add. :o

Is it such a crime to have National Pride ?

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”