Winter Tyres

nursejudy

After last winter i have had a rush of blood to the head and am the owner of a set of winter tyres,me and my car are ready for anything now,we are of up to Northumberland for a week at the weekend ,this time last year the small cottages we are going to were cut off by the white stuff!!!!!

So I guess what i am trying to say is .... have i wasted my money...... warmest November on record!!!!

does this mean its going to be a mild winter !!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early days yet i think for your investment to get hold. LoL

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

It had better bloody snow. I've put new tyres on the Land Rover! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think winter tyres are overated.

I have been driving since 1993 and never specifically purchased "Winter tyres".

I do however ensure I buy good quality tyres, Continental or Michellin or the like.

It is your own driving skills that determine safety in winter months.

A good driver can drive on any road.

Driving in snow and Ice? The common sense approach is a low gear, low revs and patience.

Tyre companies would love you to believe that Winter tyres will make you safer.

They want you to buy their, better grip tyres, but think on this:

On Black Ice no tyre grips.

Drive safely guys.

Edited by Now there's a right un.

I think your " winter tyres " have been well and truly deflated Judy, LoL :lol: and so has evryone's.:lol:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

They want you to buy their, better grip tyres, but think on this:

On Black Ice no tyre grips.

I think you should watch this video, to see how much more grip a winter tyre has on black ice (exactly the same as ice rink ice)

Youtube Video ->

It's telling that you only ever hear the pointlessness of winter tyres expressed by people who have never tried them.

In many European countries winter tyres are compulsory in ice and snow.

Judy, they will only have to save your life once to be well worth the purchase price, although of course you may never know because nothing happened :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I think you should watch this video, to see how much more grip a winter tyre has on black ice (exactly the same as ice rink ice)

Youtube Video ->

It's telling that you only ever hear the pointlessness of winter tyres expressed by people who have never tried them.

I admit that the Winter tyre display shows a good quality grip and stopping capability.

However, the display was completed at only 10mph. Do we all drive at 10mph in bad conditions? Nope.

It is the Driver that fully determines the efficiency of tyres and performance, not the tyre.

In really hazardess road conditions I barely exceed 5mph until it is safe to do so.

In really hazardess conditions I am alert for anything and so react faster to any change.

In really hazardess conditions I will take no corner or curve at 10mph and turn into any potential spin/skid thus righting my driving line.

Not one driver in the display, on normal and all season tyres, turned into the skid. So they are not displaying normal reactions.

Again it is not the tyre but the individual that counts.

The Winter tyre I must admit looks good at only 10mph but the test was unbelievebly limited.

I would liked to have seen a wider test field set at different speeds using different reactions to conditions. Then I might have accepted fuller that Winter tyres are better.