My Record Wild brown trout from the TWEED

cannibalspinners

bugger i told you so (looking over shoulder to invisible friend) now look what you've done :rolleyes: OK OK if i find an empty clique you can be in it too ,no you cant invite your invisible friend i resent his affection to you :schmoll:

OK just to please you i will get that 10LB record wey brownie out of the freezer so you can play buses

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bugger i told you so (looking over shoulder to invisible friend) now look what you've done :rolleyes: OK OK if i find an empty clique you can be in it too ,no you cant invite your invisible friend i resent his affection to you :schmoll:

I am going to start an anti-clique clique just to show everyone how much I despise cliques. Should be good.

I'll put your name down on the waiting list if you like but will have to refer your application to the clique. You know how cliquey they can be sometimes.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

my clique abhors yours :P

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Maybe though they weren't "good" anglers ;)

When you ask another question about how to approach a new stretch of river and for opinions on why the bites weren't forthcoming, you will probably find you end up missing them ;)

For actual useful answers and opinions to fishing questions, you need people here who have some experience and knowledge and who are willing to share it. You don't need them for arguments, no matter how much fun they are. As ATS pointed out, it ends up creeping into every topic, and it puts people off starting their own topics and contributing to others. If that didn't happen, it wouldn't matter (which is why the off topic forum exists).

Once the people who have the knowledge and experience (yes, good anglers, you're allowed to say it) have gone, the response to fishing questions will be along the lines of 'I've always done well with red boilies lol'. You get new anglers advising other new anglers based on stuff they've read in the mags.

I'm not a poor little teary-eyed sensitive type who gets offended by the slightest thing; I know several people who used to post here and now don't, which is a great shame as they have a great deal to offer people. But they just can't be bothered any more to run the gauntlet every time they log on.

BTW lots of views of a topic only means that this one is really the only active one, because people aren't starting new ones, because they know how they'll end up.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

it might be interesting to find out why they left if your seeing them on another forum ,i am nice to just post on here (hmmm clue already forming) perhaps a poll if their still registered but not posting?

Teme_Man you don't half talk some crap to get your arguments. How does asking if I have missed any interesting posts and then being told that everyone is still arguing mean I am in a so called 'clique'. You decided to climb out from under your bridge and call us smug for no good reason other than you wanted to act like a child again and get your daily fix of trying to get peoples backs up. Have you really nothing better to do. And when did I actually call for anyone specific to be banned. Wind your neck in you troll. I really can't be arsed to listen to you trying to goad people into your childish games. Just going to put you on ignore so I don't have to read any more of you crap. I get on fine with everyone else on here whether they disagree with me on something or not and make no pretentions about my level of angling skill so go get your arguments elsewhere because I am done with your crap. :rolleyes:

With regard to the original post I agree whole heartedly with the OP when it comes to the taking of fish. I am not selfish enough to demand that someone puts a catch back just so that I can catch it myself and with the amount of people who actually keep their catch I am 99% certain that it doesn't cause enough damage to the ecology to be concerned about. The vast majority of people these days couldnt be arsed to catch, kill, gut and skin their fish so I don't think it would ever be a problem unless commercial taking of fish became active. Then we would have a problem.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

you bit :D