Top Posters In This Topic

I only wanted to share a photo of my prize catch

Not start another world war

wrong or right to kill a fish i Did

& most likely will do again

:rolleyes:

Bloody trouble maker :D:D:D:D

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Not sure you ''Only wanted to post a picture up of your prize catch' you also added the story of the 32lb salmon that stripped off 1000 meters of line, :o but received no takers on that one....I think you may have had your 15 minutes of fame. :)

i checked the post again. Pity you didn't, or maybe you just didn't understand it ;)

there was no claim that fish stripped off 1000 yards of line, he said that he landed the fish 1000 yards away.

In salmon fishing on the fly it is not unusual to have to follow the fish along the bank and to land it some distance from the point where it was hooked.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Not sure you ''Only wanted to post a picture up of your prize catch' you also added the story of the 32lb salmon that stripped off 1000 meters of line, :o but received no takers on that one....I think you may have had your 15 minutes of fame. :)

Don't know much about Salmon fishin do you? ( so best leave it alone or ask proper questions about it.)...he meant he had to run /walk/ follow the running fish, as sometimes happens, thats perhaps why there were 'no takers' everyone else probably realised that.

We really need a game fishing section.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

The reason that I believe some people deserve/need banning is that a majority of people can be offended by them.

:headhurt:

I had a similar reaction to that quote Neil.

Mind you, I also react like that to suggestions that any legal angling practice should be banned, because it offends/upsets the (so called) majority of anglers.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

[quote

We have one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

This is exactly the sort of thing what screws you TM! I comment because I have allways thought that you have the ability/knowledge to say something interesting and of value but not many give you a chance because you come up with daft stuff like this! I thought you had miss quoted/miss interpreted the 1000m thing (as I must admit I would have probably been the first to leap on it by enquiring how big the reel was etc!) I thought but I'm sure if I had wanted to make a derogatory comment I would have dam made sure I was remembering correctly so not to make a ass of my self!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

[quote

We have one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

No Alan, we don't, we have a fly fishing section, fly fishing and game fishing are not the same thing. One might persue game fish with fly tackle but not exclsivley so, salmon and trout spinning, shrimp and worming is fairly standard practice for many of us, I know that I have spent more time fishing for and catching more salmon and sea trout on worms and spinners than on fly. By the same score fly tackle can and is used to catch a whole range of species of coarse fish.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Quite right John, I am not so stubborn to have my views altered when talking through a subject, as it was with the Otter, personally I would not live bait or have the need to drop shot, or even feel the need to fish for pike again, I do not always use a unhooking mat, and I still use barbed hooks. I sometime kill the odd fish, mostly perch to deep hooking, I am like everyone else not perfect, and yes I agree that any legal angling practises should not be banned (Did I ever say they should?) perhaps Sportsman could delve into the archives to prove that I did :D

I am an avid watcher of All Our Yesterdays John, and enjoy watching in the mornings personal accounts of bravery from the mouths of the now old soldiers that fought under terrible trauma in the Second World War, and I think I /we are 'bitching over fishing...sort of makes a mockery of what they died for, especially at this time.

Peace and Goodwill x

Spoken like a true nutcase.

You have just addmitted to not using an unhooking mat after you came on my threads condeming me for carefully lying fish on soft grass.

This just proves you did it to ruin my thread, it's blatantly obvious.

Quite right John, I am not so stubborn to have my views altered when talking through a subject, as it was with the Otter, personally I would not live bait or have the need to drop shot, or even feel the need to fish for pike again, I do not always use a unhooking mat, and I still use barbed hooks. I sometime kill the odd fish, mostly perch to deep hooking, I am like everyone else not perfect, and yes I agree that any legal angling practises should not be banned (Did I ever say they should?) perhaps Sportsman could delve into the archives to prove that I did :D

I am an avid watcher of All Our Yesterdays John, and enjoy watching in the mornings personal accounts of bravery from the mouths of the now old soldiers that fought under terrible trauma in the Second World War, and I think I /we are 'bitching over fishing...sort of makes a mockery of what they died for, especially at this time.

Peace and Goodwill x

After that post, maybe you should change your user name to 'Devils Advocate' Neil.

I'm afraid I don't see the link between the bravery of soldiers, and a man eating a fish 7 years ago. I do understand that we do get our priorities mixed up, but unless a brave soldier was killed because he once ate a trout, I fail to see the relevance to this thread.

Peace and Goodwill to you too. But they are things to strive, and wish for all the time, not only when it's dictated by tradition, and a date on the calender.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John