merry christmas from PETA

blankedagain

PETA'S Christmas Present to anglers! Don't you just love 'em. Seem to remember a bit in the Bible about feeding folk with thousands of fishes. Another bit about Shepherds tending flocks of sheep by night, presumably for eating otherwise why else have flocks of sheep? Yep, nice one PETA, right through both of your feet!!

Not targetted at anglers? Oh dear Monkey Boy! Anything that PETA does is targetted at anglers, at shooters, at animal owners, at meat eaters, at milk drinkers, at horse riders, at budgie owners, at people who like their much loved pets, at right and reasonable minded people everywhere!

[ 26. December 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

i am a vegatarian :D but i keep my views to myself i don't go trying to preach to other people

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Peter

It was the feeding of the 5'000 & if my memory of the bible is correct (considering i'm a Pagan) it was five loaves of bread & two fishes.

Now i wonder if this group of a55holes are going to tell the whole Christian religion (meaning all "factions" of christianity)) that Christ was cruel for using the fish to feed 5'000 starving people??

Hmmm no surely they wouldn't want to do that would they, i mean c'mon some of thier own people must be Christians?

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

I think it's great,

The more stupid, insensitive & downright offensive poster campaigns these clowns can come up with...the better!!

People with a reasonable grip on reality ie the vast majority, will have it driven home to them just how far off the wall this unpleasant group really is.

Just might make them think a little harder about the opinions of their music & film heroes who openly support PETA.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Re Alan's comment, it was indeed the feeding of the 5,000. In addition, as Isaac Walton, the Compleat Angler, points out, it was the four fishermen amongst the 12 apostles who were listed first in Matthew 10, and Jesus' closest three (James, Peter and John) were all fishermen - because of the "calmness of spirit", "contentedness" etc which fishing produces. Walton argues that all the other apostles were converted to fishing after the resurrection (!) Walton, incidently, was as ardent a christian, of the high-church vatiety, as he was an angler, having been converted by the famous poet John Donne.

However, PETA might have disapproved of Walton's interest in BIRD ANGLING. He mentions the Italian practice of fishing for swallows, and especially martins, the "bird-angler standing on the top of a steeple to do it", and compares it with fishing for bleak. "And let me tell you, Scholar, that both martins and bleaks be most excellent meat".

I happen to be a vicar, and I don't think anyone in the congregation minds the regular references to fishing in my sermons, but I've got to say they wouldn't be so broad-minded if I started bird-angling from the church tower!

john clarke