ghosts, paranormal

The Flying Tench

When I was a child my family owned a Jack Russell bitch.

We were all amazed one night when she starting to obey commands to sit, roll, fetch and lay down from a bare wall, obviously no sound was heard.

She did this for eight consecutive nights and then stopped.

We learned after that our old neighbour, who adhored our Jack Russell fussing her at any opportunity, had been in hospital for eight days in a Coma after a stroke and he died on the very day the Bitch stopped.

Not sure if this counts as a spiritual event but it is certainly interesting.

Yes, remarkable. Not sure it fits into my belief structure any more than a purely materialistic one - but it sounds remarkable.

john clarke

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one spotted the mistake there?

It was not of course Edinburgh as the Romans turned back when they got to Scotland not wanting to cross swords with folks that ate brains in sheep's intestines.

Piffle

http://arltblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/e...pened-to-pubic/

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/bear...aths/index.html

Don't they teach you about Antonine and Antonine's wall at school these days?

BTW There are no brains or intestines in haggis either.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one that Jon might have missed from the BBC.

Personally, I don't see anything but maybe that's because I am aware of the psychology of face recognition and the brain's ability to generate false positives and am immediately filtering those false positives out.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Here's one that Jon might have missed from the BBC.

Personally, I don't see anything but maybe that's because I am aware of the psychology of face recognition and the brain's ability to generate false positives and am immediately filtering those false positives out.

I could see the 'apparition' Ken.

The sight of the ghostly pearl necklace and earrings , (even though the guy still has them at home), sent shivers down my spine. :cold:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

......no, sorry, I'll stop before I start on the pearl necklace front.... :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

......no, sorry, I'll stop before I start on the pearl necklace front.... :P

Trust you to lower the tone Nick, tut, tut. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

on 3 separate occasions i saw what may have been ghosts !

1st was a year after my dad died i went to drop off my mums Christmas present ,

i opened the front door the air suddenly turned very chilly i thought i saw my dad walking down the stairs

i dont know why i wasn't thinking of him at the time or nowt like that , i took to my heels again i dont know why.

the 2ND time was when i was wild fowling up at the Eden estuary at st Andrews me and my mate Gary were waiting for the geese to

take flight , i saw a bloke dressed in what could only be described as ww2 air force grate coat carrying an old 10 bore hammer shotgun

he also had on flight boots the kind that would be worn by bomber crew of that era he walked by me gave me a nod then was gone ,Gary asked me later if i had seen him ,i said i had he told me that he just walked off in to the bay , it was full tide Gary said about 5 minuets later he saw him on the RAF base side of the bay totally impossible at low tide let alone high tide. we got talking to the local wild life warden about this bloke he told us about a bloke who drowned just after the war ,his ghost was seen on several occasions since then usually before a storm .

3rd time i was working up at arrochar in the forest above loch long there is an old stone house ruin one morning about 7 am daylight bright sun my self ans 6 other blokes saw a gorgeous blonde dressed in what could only be described as a long gray dress she seemed to walk right through the excavator sitting less than 50 feet away from us then she just disappeared very strange ,that's why i am very open minded about these kind of occurrences

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

on 3 separate occasions i saw what may have been ghosts !

1st was a year after my dad died i went to drop off my mums Christmas present ,

i opened the front door the air suddenly turned very chilly i thought i saw my dad walking down the stairs

i dont know why i wasn't thinking of him at the time or nowt like that , i took to my heels again i dont know why.

the 2ND time was when i was wild fowling up at the Eden estuary at st Andrews me and my mate Gary were waiting for the geese to

take flight , i saw a bloke dressed in what could only be described as ww2 air force grate coat carrying an old 10 bore hammer shotgun

he also had on flight boots the kind that would be worn by bomber crew of that era he walked by me gave me a nod then was gone ,Gary asked me later if i had seen him ,i said i had he told me that he just walked off in to the bay , it was full tide Gary said about 5 minuets later he saw him on the RAF base side of the bay totally impossible at low tide let alone high tide. we got talking to the local wild life warden about this bloke he told us about a bloke who drowned just after the war ,his ghost was seen on several occasions since then usually before a storm .

3rd time i was working up at arrochar in the forest above loch long there is an old stone house ruin one morning about 7 am daylight bright sun my self ans 6 other blokes saw a gorgeous blonde dressed in what could only be described as a long gray dress she seemed to walk right through the excavator sitting less than 50 feet away from us then she just disappeared very strange ,that's why i am very open minded about these kind of occurrences

Really fascinating, specially in that you weren't the only person to see 2 of them.

john clarke

When I was very young, my Mum would ask me to unlock the back door to let my Dad in when he came home from lunch, having seen him walking past the kitchen window.

A number of times i'd open the door but no one was there, i'd check the alleyway but there was no one there.

Dad would turn up about 5 mins later.

I just put it down to Mum being a bit daft till many years later I was sat in the kitchen on my own when I saw someone walk past the window. I opened the door & looked down the alley, but no one.

Looking at the window afterwards I realised what ever I had seen would have been 8-9 foot tall dues to the difference in level between inside & out.

Many more years later, turns out the same thing happened to my older Brother, always around lunchtime. The house was built in an old brickfield & was 4 foot lower than the surrounding area.

Another time, a friend & I were up late in the staff bedroom of an old peoples home. My mate was a cook there.

Huge old house with 4 floors, the staff rooms were in the attic. We heard footsteps outside the door about 2am, there shouldn't have been anyone there, my mate had tears streaming down his cheeks, of disbelief, he whispered that he could hear a little girl's voice. I listened but all I could hear was the footsteps.

Although the loo was only across the coridor, we were too freaked out to go out there & used the sink until daylight

When we looked in the morning the sounds had been coming from a narrow landing next to the stairs, leading to a window in the gable end. The slope of the roof meant you'd have to be on your knees to get to it, or only be 3 foot tall

Years later, I worked with a woman that had lived there as a little girl, when it used to be a boarding School. The attic rooms had been the dormitory rooms. She said exactly the same thing was happening then, but if they told the teachers they were told not to talk about it as it would scare the other pupils.