And so the boot fairs begin!

Dave H

Next week right next door to my farm it's the first one. You all know what's coming so no need to tell you.

I always look across the top of the stalls to see if i can see some rods perched up against a car. I usually find one atleast.

There is a Rod that catches your eye. You think 'I could do with another Avon rod'. It's £50 small tag as they do with it written on it.

You know the exact same one new is £100.

This is the rod you have wanted but could not stretch to £100 but £50 is within your budget

What now is your next move

You walk on?

You buy it?

You ask a question?

You have seen some cheap bog roll and head towards the stall?

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where this is going....

Do you support the local criminal scum or do you put your hand in your pocket ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I can see where this is going....

Do you support the local criminal scum or do you put your hand in your pocket ?

:thumbs:

Never have bought any tackle from a boot fair for that exact reason.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

boot fairs just begun? ours is 50 weeks of the year :D

i dont buy new tackle of any kind and to me "new" is post 80's :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

To label everyone who sells gear on a boot sale as criminals is just ridiculous. I have some of my own stuff that I will take to a boot sale along with a load of other stuff I and my mrs no longer need...none of it is stolen !!

I've had some great stuff from boot sales and the sellers seemed to be decent sorts, who am I to question where they got their stuff from ?

By the way there are a lot of dealers on boot sales trying to sell that bit extra.

Edited by Tigger

Guest Chris Perch
To label everyone who sells gear on a boot sale as criminals is just ridiculous. I have some of my own stuff that I will take to a boot sale along with a load of other stuff I and my mrs no longer need...none of it is stolen !!

I've had some great stuff from boot sales and the sellers seemed to be decent sorts, who am I to question where they got their stuff from ?

By the way there are a lot of dealers on boot sales trying to sell that bit extra.

Totally agree im a fan of the car boot and most people who sell stuff are just selling stuff they no longer use .

If you think they might be iffy dont buy but you can always ask why theyre selling it if you get a good answer no probs.

What about ebay i dont doubt that theres a criminal element occasionally but i have never had any problems!

I would ask the guy and just go with my gut feelings after inspecting that it is new.

Unless you know for sure and you probably won’t then my view is innocent unless proved guilty...

I would buy it and save £50.

What now is your next move

You walk on?

You buy it?

You ask a question?

You have seen some cheap bog roll and head towards the stall?

You tell 'em to stuff it. Fifty nicker for a rod at a boot sale? That's already criminal. I've never had to pay more than £16, and that for a £180 rod.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

You tell 'em to stuff it. Fifty nicker for a rod at a boot sale? That's already criminal. I've never had to pay more than £16, and that for a £180 rod.

Interesting Rob. Could you elaborate a bit more mate :thumbs:

Is bargaining with the seller not common at UK boot sales?

I might try to buy the item but never without making the seller a lower offer than the price he'd put on it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President