Replacment Ink Cartridges

Rusty

I have a Canon Pixma IP5200 printer and my e-bay source of reasonably priced genuine ink cartridges seems to have gone. Until now I’ve avoided pattern cartridges because of horror stories about ink clogging and the printer not recognising them.

E-bay is awash with ‘chipped’ cartridges at ridiculously low prices so I’m wondering if they’re a viable alternative (they might have to be). Does anyone have any experiences of Canon cartridges from a particular seller, good or bad?

I could buy another printer but I don’t really want to if these cheapo replacement items are any good.

Thanks in advance

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have been using Canon Pixma printers for years and I have always used pattern cartridges without any problems.

I have used several different types from different sources and all have worked perfectly.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have a Canon Pixma IP5200 printer and my e-bay source of reasonably priced genuine ink cartridges seems to have gone. Until now I’ve avoided pattern cartridges because of horror stories about ink clogging and the printer not recognising them.

E-bay is awash with ‘chipped’ cartridges at ridiculously low prices so I’m wondering if they’re a viable alternative (they might have to be). Does anyone have any experiences of Canon cartridges from a particular seller, good or bad?

I could buy another printer but I don’t really want to if these cheapo replacement items are any good.

Thanks in advance

I have the Canon MP220 and have had no issues using Ink made by others.

Asda do a good Ink but sometimes it doens't link properly and you cannot see your levels.

I would personally say don't use Ebay unless your seller has a 100% rating for their ink.

Also you do have protection if you get something other than paid for through Ebay, their resolution service isn't too bad.

Always record opening and examining your order when received and follow through to fitting.

I buy ink carts and toners for my school, so believe me when I say I have a lot of first hand knowledge of this ?

Suffice to say we have tried virtually every non brand chipped cart out there for canon pixma's. From the 4300 through to the new 4850 and 4950's.

Some work fine, some are awful.

I can promise you in a heavy load environment no un- branded cart will out last a genuine! On top of that failure rates in un branded carts can cause nightmares both in loss of printer usage and in quality. I've even seen un branded carts literally spew ink out and cause the cleaning pads to fill in minutes, essentially killing the printer.

For home use though, if your not overtly worried about colour fastness, colour degradation over time or the occasional non runner cart then non branded are acceptable. Though be warned, every printer manufacturer I know of will invalidate head unit warranty if un branded carts are used! If your printers within warranty don't even risk it!

Try these guys

http://www.supercharge.co.uk/

I've used them a lot for reman inks and toners and they are generally very good.

I bought my last lot for my iP4500 from here. No problems so far.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/22857914/-/Product.html?ptsl=1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i refil my HP 363 carts unfortunately HP printers then get huffy and not tell you the ink levels but grudgingly work with a few extra pushes on buttons on the printer ,they also get bolshy if the real carts time limit is up (time from manufacture) .

the worst machine i ever used regarding cheap refills was a lexmark you drained the new ones trying to get them working again as the lexmarks wells had dried up ,probably better if you had some to replace immediately

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for help guys, I went with Cory's suggestion and have two sets for £20 from Play.com, that's about a fifth of what I used to pay for genuine cartridges.

They've performed very well so far, the printer recognises them and the first few high quality prints have come out perfectly :thumbs:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back