Should the government ban tobacco and alcohol?

Sportsman

Even if you do have assets, it doesn't take long to burn through them. I suppose in the past the burden would have fallen on family members (though at least they might have stood to inherit something).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My chum's ma in law had to sell everything to pay for her keep. Worked as a business woman all her life. Because she was solvent she had to pay for her car home keep.

Whilst pi$$ heads and injecting smackheads get all for nowt, their sodding choice to do so, but its not our choice to let them have kicks for nowt from the pharmacy. Same as the pi$$ heads, they get money to buy drink. And when they do need care and assistance, guess what, ALL FOR NOWT. Fair, oh yes.

Anyone home brewing should be made to sign a brewers register and pay esxcise duty on any alcohal they have brewed IMHO. :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Go into care, yeah, if you have assets they are stripped from you by this very caring country, i wont say governments, to pay for yor keep. How very kind. Work all your life and then when you need urgent care, residential care homes with private companies, sell your house and use your assets. After all why should someone with money take from the government ! But we all pay into the system, that is if you work.

Be a pi$$ artist all you life, be a smack head, or even a smoker, no problem, your cared for by the state. FARE INNIT DUDE.

Paying for end of life (or long term disability) residential care is a difficult subject and i don't pretend to have all the answers but:

Do you think that those who have not made any great contribution to society should be left to die in their own filth on the streets or in some rented room ?

Do you think that residential care should be free for those that can afford to pay for it ?

There's clearly a balance to be struck and while I may not feel that the balance is quite right, I do think that the general premise of caring for the most vulnerable in society whilst expecting those that can care for themselves to do so has merit.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Paying for end of life (or long term disability) residential care is a difficult subject and i don't pretend to have all the answers but:

Do you think that those who have not made any great contribution to society should be left to die in their own filth on the streets or in some rented room ?

Do you think that residential care should be free for those that can afford to pay for it ?

There's clearly a balance to be struck and while I may not feel that the balance is quite right, I do think that the general premise of caring for the most vulnerable in society whilst expecting those that can care for themselves to do so has merit.

Good answer Ken

Nice to see that some people apply some thought and don't just come up with ignorant knee jerk reactions ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Good answer Ken

Nice to see that some people apply some thought and don't just come up with ignorant knee jerk reactions ;)

I can do that too.... :D

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I can do that too.... :D

Me too, i see post 34 deserves some merit, some hope. :lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ken to your first Do you, No I do not it is our responsibly as a cultured society to do what has to be done.

The next Do you, Yes I do if you take a lead through the argument, then logically free for one free for all, if not you are only talking about who can we TAX.

In my opinion there is only one balance on this and that is if we love our aged community then we pay, yes that is us the TAX providing population, NOW can you see why the Government of the day or past do not wish to go this route, it is to bloody expensive, do all the bleeding hearts want to pay I doubt it very much.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

What does stick in the throats of those who have worked and paid taxes all their lives is that they are expected to pay for care that others who have contributed nothing (probably been taking out of the pot) get to be looked after for free.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Then there is the small issue of the ones that have worked hard all their lives, payed their dues

each and every day.

Some then pay massive taxes as they drive cars for their work.

These few like to get home kick off their shoes chillaxe with a stiff drink (more taxes) the stresses

of the working day are helped with the odd 5 mins away from their workstation and enjoy a smoke (more taxes).

Then they get the news that doctors will refuse treatment as they are self abusers.

Then they get the news they will never be able to grow old and retire as the retirment age will 108 by the time

they are entitaled to ant pension.

Givern the health information, as i smoke and enjoy a drink, i dont see what the bleaters are going on about.

I'll never be a burden, i will contribute to my grave, my funeral bill will carry a 20% 'Value' added tax.

:thumbs:

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

I'll never be a burden, i will contribute to my grave, my funeral bill will carry a 20% 'Value' added tax.

:thumbs:

No VAT on funeral costs. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.