Help with the mrs !

Adam247

Hi guys been a good few months now since I have managed to eat out for a proper session with work and family matters , so I suggested yesterday that I could go befor work spinning just take a rod and few lures and the nesisary equipment minus a landing net as would try and unhook any fish in the water still . But as soon as I go to get ready today WWIII KICKS OFF she doesn't want me to go , doesn't want me to leave , doesn't want me to do a F@*#!] thing it seams !!! How do I get her to realise my life is her and the kids 24 b()£% 7 now a days and I need some time to clear my head ! Why can she not get that ? Guys n Galls any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated as its getting me down thy my gear is just sitting in the kitchen taunting me !!!

• Like 1

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

I do mate even make the bottles for the baby and do every night feed !!! Have done since she was 3 months old !!! Stopped me from going night fishing !!!!

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Early in the morning give her a nudge to wake her up then say "Sex or fishing?". With luck she'll even make your sarnies for you :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Early in the morning give her a nudge to wake her up then say "Sex or fishing?". With luck she'll even make your sarnies for you

Are you trying to kill me? :)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Advice, seriously? Find out what the problem REALLY is here: I'm guessing that the fact that you're going fishing has nothing at all to do with it and the problem lies a bit deeper - as someone else has said, could be a bit of the post natal blues / depression creeping up on her.

That said, what do you think would actually happen if YOU put your foot down and went? - it's pre-work, so hardly encroaching on anything she may want to do? Have you actually asked her, specifically, WHY she doesn't want you to go?

Adam,

No "right" way bud. No one knows what's behind closed doors at your house. After my 5th one I found this worked pretty well for me. Nothing "official" but we discussed the purpose of me giving her a day off (ok so sometimes it cost me 2 days for one). A whole day may be out of the question, but surely you can give your partner an afternoon to spend time with her friends or even just to have a nap, while you take care of baby(s). Her getting out of the house seemed to work best! Use a friggin breast pump if you have to.

A treat for a treat.

Phone

I can give you some 20/20 hindsight. Tell her what you are going to do and then do it. Phone's idea of discussing a trade-off of some sort is good but if she balks, just load up and go fishing. She will probably (after getting mad & getting over it) decide that Phone's method is good.

1st wife - I didn't insist and things got worse, not better. We divorced after a number of years and I realise now I was what is known on this side of the pond as "hen pecked". Neither of us respected me for being a wimp.

2nd wife - I married a gal that loved to fish and understood we both needed space. She died (much to my everlasting sorrow)

3rd (current) wife - I married a gal that loved to fish, understood we both needed space at times, and thought that it was a great idea for us to have the space we needed when we needed it.

Note: 1st wife is still alive and we are probably better friends than when we were married.

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President