Is it snowing where you are?

corydoras

We have loads of snow in other areas Steve, We had 50cm of snow in one day in Navarra on Weds....The ski resorts are loving it. :yahoo:

It's not the snow I dislike, it's the heat.

In fact so much so that I almost go into reverse hibernation (estivation?) Indeed I rarely fish in July and August, these months being a kind of closed season for me.

I did find the winter weather in Southern California interesting though. We couldn't get to the Mount Palomar Observatory as the roads were blocked by snow, although we did reach Mount Wilson one morning. By late afternoon we were on the beach watching surfers!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It's not the snow I dislike, it's the heat.

In fact so much so that I almost go into reverse hibernation (estivation?) Indeed I rarely fish in July and August, these months being a kind of closed season for me.

I did find the winter weather in Southern California interesting though. We couldn't get to the Mount Palomar Observatory as the roads were blocked by snow, although we did reach Mount Wilson one morning. By late afternoon we were on the beach watching surfers!

We can do that in Granada Steve. Ski in the morning, beach in the afternoon. :punk:

Funny you should say that Ken I had someone shout the same thing at me today, but the reality is as long as the snow hasn't compacted and frozen too much cycling in it is relatively easy and with the traffic getting snarled up it can be quicker than travelling by car.

I confess, I walked the bike on the steep hills and with the cars sliding around, I rode on the pavement comming back but for the most part, it was fine.

Unfortunately, having killed my mountain bike a couple of weeks back, I was on semi slicks but as you say, fresh snow isn't to bad for grip anyway.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

hospital transport panicked this afternoon in cambridge :bye2: luckily i was seen and had my radiotheraphy within 15 minuites of arriving, also had time for a blood test. a lot of people had their apointments cancelled and never saw their clinics or doctors. all because there was a weather warning :bones:

i live 22 miles away from the hospital, and for the first 18 we were crammed 3 in the back seat. the driver said she never carry's 3 in the back,but because of the weather and the warning they have to get everyone home :uhuh:

we had a little bit of sleet on way home and nothing since :rolleyes:

Only about 3" here over night. It looks like Kent will have problem tomorrow though :doh:

Only about 1 1/2ins (4cms) here in Wingham, Kent. But we've got a belt of snow coming up from France tomorrow as n4lly said. Forecast amounts and the timing vary but the consensus is about 4ins (10cms).

Surprisingly there's just a little ice in the margins of the lakes. However it's been breezy and so that's kept the ice at bay, and being near the sea it hasn't been as cold as inland. Unfortunately the forecast is for -6C (21F) tomorrow night with lighter winds, so I expect even Wingham will freeze.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve,

And then there's this report paraphrased from this mornings newspaper - - - - zander and perch good at 35 - 45 feet. Ice solid with 18 - 24 inches clear ice. Somewhere in Minn (I forget).

Guess it's not relevant on this forum - huh?

Phone

Phone, you're forgetting that we don't so much have a climate as weather.

If we had long hot summers and dark cold winters with brief spring and fall between them, it would be borring.

Instead, we have places where you can get sunburned and die of hypothermia on the same day.

Weather, and especially extremes of weather are a national obsession.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.