Is it snowing where you are?

corydoras

Well, I took the bike to work and got in with no difficulties and just a couple of slips on the back wheel.

At midday, they turfed us out and sent everyone home as the roads were getting covered and the main A road outside the building had turned into a skating rink.

Got home almost without incident and then dropped the bike on a snow covered frozen puddle comming along the canal but just stepped off it and got back on.

Where there's grass, we currently have about 12 - 15cm of snoow but most places it's about 10.

still snowing but it's just got a lot brighter.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I cycled into work without any problems and have just got back home once again quite easily, everythings at a dead slow crawl so it made a nice change to be passing all the motorists rather than vice a versa.

I see I'm not the only one.

My neighbour who I'd never actually spoken with saw me leaving for work this morning and her first and so far only words to me were "You crazy".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Here in Wingham in East Kent our heavy snow comes from the east, when we often get it much worse than other parts of England. This time

we've a dusting from snow showers nearly every day this week off the North Sea.

However it's been dry all day today so far. The snow is not due to hit us until after dark, and coming from the west is not forecast to be as bad as many other places.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It may be nice in Alicane in the winter, but in summer I'd just find it utterly and unbearably hot. Given a choice between the too give me the UK any time!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I see I'm not the only one.

My neighbour who I'd never actually spoken with saw me leaving for work this morning and her first and so far only words to me were "You crazy".

Funny you should say that Ken I had someone shout the same thing at me today, but the reality is as long as the snow hasn't compacted and frozen too much cycling in it is relatively easy and with the traffic getting snarled up it can be quicker than travelling by car.

Edited by snakey1

It may be nice in Alicane in the winter, but in summer I'd just find it utterly and unbearably hot. Given a choice between the too give me the UK any time!

We have loads of snow in other areas Steve, We had 50cm of snow in one day in Navarra on Weds....The ski resorts are loving it. :yahoo:

Just had another couple of inches in the last 2 hours its getting naughty here now its been snowing heavyly on and off all day on top of the 6" we allready had they are giving plenty here right till tuesday its nothing like 2 winters ago it was over 3ft deep in the back garden.

The harbour here at whitby is now starting to freeze over i have started my vessel everyday to stop the sea water freezing on the cooling side of the engine one of the charterboats this morning was frozen up not a good idea to start up till its thawed out heaters in the engine room is the only anser.

It better start behaving itself off to manchester airport thursday flying out friday to miami then onto the caribean for a couple of weeks just a tadge warmer over there. :D

Our postcode is yo21.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/yo21

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg