in the eye!

me

when I was fishing in the campsite I stayed at over the weekend which is nr peterborough ( tacklefest). I caught this fish. It was a 4oz Perch which I had hooked in the eye! I couldnt believe it.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you brute but at least it haddent swollowed the hook down to its tail in a flash ,it still has one good one :D and a tale to tell to its friends

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

An oft repeated story (it appears in the Paxman anthology Fish, Fishing and the Meaning of Life for example) is told by the Victorian angler and writer H. Cholmondeley-Pennell (great name for a Victorian don't you think?? )

Anyways - one day fishing lake Windermere he accidently hooked a perch in the eye - and the eye remained on the hook after it was extracted from the poor fish. The maimed fish was returned to the water and, being rather short of bait H C-P continued to fish using the eye as bait. Well you can guess what happen next - but to quote Mr H C-P ..."The float disappeared almost instantly; and on landing the newcomer, it turned out to be the fish I had moments before thrown in, and which had thus been actually caught by HIS OWN EYE." Fishing Gossip 1866

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

i did catch a fish a few minutes before that it swallowed this size 18 hook right down. I tried for 5 minutes to get it out. I had to keep putting the fish back into the water. I got it out but unfortunately it died. :o

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Best to cut the hook length as short as possible and return the fish immediately when they are hooked that deep.

They will soon shed the hook as it rots in the stomach or passes through the vent.

[ 06. July 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: MickJ ]

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

Eels are a nightmare. Total nightmare!! Caught one on the Itchen last week that was like a python. It swallowed an inch piece of bacon grill intended for chub straight down. There was no way on earth I'd have got the hook out so had no alternative but to cut the line.