Has spring sprung?

RUDD

RUDD,

I give up. Our warnings turned into this ( google "winter storm wanda"). Didn't get me - in fact wasn't really all that close. 200 mi North and 200 mi South. We were tucked inbetween.

Phone

I think today is officially spring for me, the blackthorn is just springing in to bloom!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I think today is officially spring for me, the blackthorn is just springing in to bloom!

I always find it interesting to compare different areas of the country. Here at Wingham in East Kent our blackthorn blossom was out about 10 days ago. Last Saturday elders were in leaf, and the first chiffchaffs had arrived and were singing.

Interestingly, we've not had it quite so cold here as other parts of the south-east. Mind you it was -6C on Saturday night, the coldest night of the year! However we've actually had less ice cover than the last 2 winters. It's just that spring has taken so long coming. The last time I can remember it like this was in 1979.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Around 30C in the shade here this weekend.....Big resorts are busy. Heard some Brits complaining it was "too hot" today :icecream:

Much too hot for me. And as for your summers........... Give me the UK climate any time.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

They come for the cheap beer too. Plenty of places at 1€/pint still.

I wouldn't - I've been teetotal for years!