Anglers Net Members Club/fish ins and teach ins

Dick Dastardly

Budgie :confused: :confused: can't see what you are driving at.

If the sea anglers do it on the sea forum, whats to stop coarse anglers doing likewise on the coarse forum, and game anglers on the game forum?

I was just pointing out an example of the benefits of AN members getting together in a fishing context.

If some anglers are only interested in one style of fishing, that's their choice, but fish-ins might be a good way of encouraging someone to try another style. I enjoy many types of fishing - any fish, anywhere.

[ 24. August 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUDGIE:

Any way when you going to organise a river/barbell fish in at Harvington for us all? October would be a great month for it.

What the point of doing that Budgie? If I remember right, I suggest to you fish well below the wier and you will catch Barbel there but what did you do you went to fish in the so called "hot peg 23". And what did you end up with? Let me see 4 little roach, 1perch and 2 eels. You should have listen to your younger brother fatso :P:P:P:P:P:P

Anyway I am not keen on the river as I was in my younger days. I am in contact with my private water (lake/pool) just waiting for a reply from the committee members :) Will let you know soon about the details.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Nice one bruv,Vag just liked the idea of anglers trying out different things.The enthusiasm generated on a thread about lets say a Bass fish in might tempt a carp angler out of his bivvy for the night to have a go.If it was posted on the sea forum then the guy might never read it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

.The enthusiasm generated on a thread about lets say a Bass fish in might tempt a carp angler out of his bivvy for the night to have a go. If it was posted on the sea forum then the guy might never read it.

The "Electric Blue" thread on the sea forum is exactly what you describe :- "enthusiasm generated.....about....a Bass fish-in"

Are you saying it should have been posted on the carp forum because carp anglers never look at the sea forum ?

Or are you are saying that any future events should go on the ANMC forum ( and thus only be accessible to ANMC members) ? I think that would be a pity, because then even more people might "never read it"

Surely if there is a brief mention of a trip for bass, or dace, or seatrout, on the "wrong" forum, then anyone really interested could go to the appropriate forum for more detail.

Just to see if it works, tell me this. Have any of our coarse fish forum members looked at the Electric Blue thread ? If so, has it raised any enthusiasm for bass fishing ?

[ 24. August 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

I was hoping that eventually all AN trips regardless of their being coarse/sea/game could be posted in one section that would be open to all.Thought that was the whole idea realy.Never mind I wasnt critisising just came over a bit flippant maybe I dont know. You seem to have totally missed my point my fault no doubt for not making it clear enough.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

I was hoping that eventually all AN trips regardless of their being coarse/sea/game could be posted in one section that would be open to all.

A new forum then? Well I would go along with that, but as Phil Dean says, many trawl other forums sometimes.

Like you, I like the idea of encouraging anglers to try another form of fishing.......

......but, as for "attracting a carp angler out of his bivvy" - Nah, let him sleep, while you quietly catch a carp from the margins on biscuits, and move on. Done it many times Wake said CA up, and what happens? As soon as you dip yer biscuit, he hollers across the pond "OI !! I've got a bait in there " :D

RNLI Governor

Budgie - Sorry to to take so long to answer. The answer to your question is, in the main, yes.

Some of us, and sadly I am one, cannot walk far (some only 10-20 PACES) but usually fisheries are very understanding and allow you to park your car behind your peg. It is river fishing that causes the problems, most are dificult to get to. I know that a strech of the Avon not far from me has been set up with stagining and reserved for disabled, with the staging doubling up for mooring at night.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

mpbdsnu:

Yes very funny vagabond, but gone completely away from the spirit of what this thread was all about!

Thought it might lighten up a subject that has got a bit heavy - if said carper wants to come bass fishing he would be very welcome :cool:

RNLI Governor