France.....same old story!!

dave_h

We have already debated Iraq but why is it always the same.

America and U.K unite with "If we are going to do it "LETS DO IT" and then the french and the rest go "well mmmmm! and mmmmmm! dont these guys remember history! they did that in 1937-39 and look what happened, and the americans and canadians and brits died on the normandy beeches saving there arses!

So "Frogs" get into line and be grateful for what we did for you in the past, how many examples do you want 1st War, 2nd war.

Yes-you always EVENTUALLY do whilst trying to make a point. But who gives a TOSS anyway!

"And while you are there" that Renault(french) car i bought 2 years ago for the wife never starts first time either......... :mad: :rolleyes::P

the frogs hate us and always have ,degaul? (leader in exile) loathed us and to cap it all demanded that he and his chums lead the procession "freeing" france from the krauts in paris ,i wouldnt trust anyone in europe to be on our side .in the last war they were all on the german side ,france fell faster than little finland who were on the recieving end of russia (and not known for pulling the punches) keep europe and britain seperate as nature intended :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

not exenophobia :mad: truth ,we are not liked amoungst our neighbours ,probably because they are untermench? and of course we are not :D

remember mr hitler built all those defences to keep us out (he knew the british spirit and respected it)

on a slight drift to the post i thought that the last night of the proms was decidedly pomp less :( infact some parts reminding me of "showboat" ,why wasnt the chap with the euro flag beaten to a pulp ,i dont mind people waving their own flag (and lots were) but a euro one blooming cheek

[ 16. September 2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ian Bass:

Chesters, SPOT ON mate, stuff Europe, lets go it alone!!!!!!!   :D

I'm all for that lads, "Let's Roll"

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Dave?

France actually collaberated with the Natzis.

They did so, in order to save Paris from destruction. Well that`s the Vichie governments argument. That`s why the French are so anti british. They`re ashamed of their past.

Winston Churchill once famously stated. The French will never forgive us. They owe us too much!!

But what are you talking about? The Germans never declared war on the British!! We, declared war on them!! In both world wars!!

In the 1st world war as a result of the treaty of Utrecht in which the British declared themselves an Ally of Belgium. The 2nd world war?

Us Britishers gave Adolph 24 hrs to get out of Poland. The next day, our valiant foreign secretary spoke those immortal words?

`As we have not recieved any communications from the German chancellor, a state of war now exists`!!

And who are the biggest buddies in Europe today? France and Germany. What happened today? A French war criminal, responsible for the exportation of tens of thousands of Jews to concentration camps. Was today released from prison because he is too ill to serve the rest of his sentence!! OK, the guy is 93. Since when did you have to be in perfect health to be sent to prison?

Paul.

I`d still rather be allied to Europe than America.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

we killed a few when we sunk their navy :D

seems were doing that every hundred years or so,unfortunatly our navy could be outclassed by redundant trawlers nowadays :D