Put too many rats in a cage and they start killing each other

Old geezer

Nature does not have a "way", nor is there any progress, just change ove time.

Semantics Cory, depends how you define it.

I see it as the interaction between all things in a natural environment, and the 'progression' of the 'way' a change in one 'thing' can effect the whole.

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The universe does not care about us, it does not even know we are here. We only have this small blue dot, and of that small blue dot only about 15% of it is habitable by humans, who on the whole are beavering away trying their best to destroy their own home and most are too blind, too ignorant or just don't care to do anything about it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The universe does not care about us, it does not even know we are here. We only have this small blue dot, and of that small blue dot only about 15% of it is habitable by humans, who on the whole are beavering away trying their best to destroy their own home and most are too blind, too ignorant or just don't care to do anything about it.

I agree with all that Cory, but what's it got to do with my post?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes, there are more people currently on the planet than can be sustainably maintained.
Through overpopulation, intensive single variety agriculture and antibiotic abuse, we are setting ourselves up to be ravaged by natural pathogens that will either affect us directly or attack our food crops.
Even without that though, we are effecting environmental degradation through pollution and overexploitation as well as through climate change. These factors are going to lead to strife and war between nation states over land and resources.
It wont be the conflict that kills large numbers of people though (unless it goes nuclear), it will be the famines that follow.

My money is on disease knocking human numbers back before the conflicts arise though and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the pathogenic agents are already in labs waiting to be deliberately released.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My money is on disease knocking human numbers back before the conflicts arise though and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the pathogenic agents are already in labs waiting to be deliberately released.

What makes you think that Ken?

Edited by Old geezer

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

I have something of a misanthropic streak on occasion and if I can work out how to do it, you can bet that it's crossed the minds of those with real power.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have something of a misanthropic streak on occasion and if I can work out how to do it, you can bet that it's crossed the minds of those with real power.

A very chilling thought

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

I expect a genetic specific plaque is on the top of the list for many countries .

Do we know the gene for arab? If theres one its only needing an excuse to use it ,we'l call it avian flu or something and tell non arabs something. In our decadent western ways stops us catching it.

OOH you dont like our naughty western ways ,tough that !let your god save you

Ofcourse if you want real peace you make a religeous gene plague but unfortunately religion is a choice not somethimg you are born with so not so easy .....unfortunately

But you can bet americas more arrogant types are funding research into the gay gene plague as we speak

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson