COULD YOU LIVE ON £7 .50 A DAY

big_cod

Reading this comments is typical of what's happening in our society and its going to worse Victorian times here we come the tabloids hand picking individuals who are milking the system but in reality the majority aren't I do honestly believe this present government will intime cause major unrest in this country they are so far out of touch with the man in street Duncan smith says these changes are for people who just want get on what a prat does he not think that most of the people these changes are affecting just want to do that.

Paul

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I worked hard for my salary, working all over the country, working in all weathers, blah blah blah, i chose to. I paid into LGPS whilst at the local government dept, public works.

I we done as we were told like good little numbers and put aside money for a rainy day, our retirement. We have never claimed a penny off this country, and now we need help what are we told, you dont qualify. Oh yeah that's a fair country

Because we saved and done as we are told, we are being penalised because of it. We are living off our saving, but they are running out fast. Just for our service bills electric and gas we pay £116 a month, that's excluding council tax of over £900 per year.

All of that out of nothing from this country, oh yeah thats the fair country we live in, And just imagine this

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. :clap3: Well said cameron. total utter garbage out of your mouth

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Now there's a right un.

You have been misled. National Insurance is not and never has been an insurance, it's is a tax. The Nat Ins you "paid into" when you were working was spent on the NHS and benifit claimants. They were not and never have been invested in any insurance policy.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Spending on welfare is going up. There may be some short term gains so the likes of IDS can stand up before the next election and claim a saving. But it will be the sick, disabled, children and the old who will suffer.

In the long term the there will be no savings as the bedroom tax will force people into renting in the private sector at greater cost. Children will end up in care as families break down. The old,sick and disabled will have more health problems so will need more support from the NHS.

Hold on to your hats I see trouble ahead.

Edited by garylee

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

very interesting to see how many people are expecting serious unrest in this country. I am too.

There is so far that you can push people before they push back. Watch out this summer!

And this idiot government has even cut back the police and army, so what the hell they are going to try and control serious unrest with I really don't know.

I hope I am wrong, but I really do see trouble ahead.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Unfortunately a lot of self employed people opt for the cheaper NI payments this ofcourse means you get less benefits should anything go wrong.

Its not helpful the ministry only has two? Bands neither gives you full entitlement so i presume if you can afford it (difficult in these hard time or when you start out) you subscribe to a fund for those hard times.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's impossible to create a system which everybody agrees is "fair", because people don't agree on what "fair" is.

NTARU says that it isn't fair that the amount he paid in when he was working is not reflected in what is paid out to him now.

Andrew agrees, and adds that it is unfair that he is made to draw on his savings before he gets any help, whereas someone who chose not to save is helped.

So tomorrow afternoon IDS says "we're changing how the social security budget is shared out, we're going to tie what you get to what you have paid in and not ask about your savings". That's Andrew and NTARU sorted, but Thursday morning big_cod has a link to the front page of the Daily Mirror where they have found some young couple with two kids who have never had a job and are going to be out on the street and some unemployed ex-banker with a fat bank account and a benefit payment based on paying twelve grand a year in NI for the last decade and they're calling it "the millionaire's hand out" or "the unemployment tax".

It's a political minefield, and we have expectations of a standard of living for people out of work that those who are in work are unwilling to fund. The glib answer to that is always that we should tax someone else harder, someone who is richer than us, but unfortunately they have votes too and if you want to raise a lot of tax you have to tax a lot of people.

None of this is simple or easy.

• Like 1

The biggest drain on benefits in the country.

AOPs, yes OLD AGE PENSIONERS take the most in benefits.Far outweighing the other benefits, incapacity payment, dole, housing, DLA etc, thats chicken feed compared to the pensioners benefits.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I agree with you Steve that it is not simple or easy.

But a few observations seem to suggest that given a direct choice this government would rather take money from the poorest in society rather than the better off.

The 5p cut in tax for the wealthiest (I know there are arguments that the tax yield will be higher after the cut, but other than the governments figures I've not seen any great support for that proposition).

Last april the government reduced Working tax credits by £2400 per year for working couples who were working 16hours or less per week unless they were able to increase their hours to 24+ per week. At the same time they protected those couples earning £50k per year from the "cliff edge" of withdrawal of Child Benefit.

Now they take away an average of £14 per week from those in social housing and on housing benefit. If those affected were able to move into the private rented sector then the government would end up paying out more in LHA to a private landlord for the smaller dwelling they are allowed than they are currently paying for the larger house with the money going to a social landlord.

It seems that all the decisions this government make favour the wealthier members of society rather than the poor. Given it is supposed to be about "fairness" and that we are "all in this together" it is understandable that the poorer members of society are to say the least unhappy at the choices being made.

The biggest drain on benefits in the country.

AOPs, yes OLD AGE PENSIONERS take the most in benefits.Far outweighing the other benefits, incapacity payment, dole, housing, DLA etc, thats chicken feed compared to the pensioners benefits.

and in work benefits vastly outweigh those paid to the out of work.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

very interesting to see how many people are expecting serious unrest in this country. I am too.

There is so far that you can push people before they push back. Watch out this summer!

And this idiot government has even cut back the police and army, so what the hell they are going to try and control serious unrest with I really don't know.

I hope I am wrong, but I really do see trouble ahead.

EASY Nick, do as they are doing in Afghanistan, draft the TA in to quell any trouble.

People up in arms in this country means nothing at all, go back to the poll tax riots, the Uni fees riots, and all other riots about welfare cut backs, waste of time, then look at the petrol price protests, what happened after it all, NOTHING., the petrol price marches, the Uni fees riots, what happened after then NOTHING.

“Vescere bracis meis”