Vote Green and ban angling.

ayjay

Yup super mega democratic UK is one of the few places where you cannot register your 'protest' by voting for none of them!

Seems we should have compulsary voting but allow 'none of the above' in order to see how much of the electorate are 'disenfranchised'.

It's a shame the 'Greens' have decided to be 'Anti-Angling' but when you look at their policy's and funding you see they are very pally with the anything to do with life which isn't 'plant' based brigade.(most odd - the 'Greens' policy is that a slug is somehow more worthy of life than an Oak tree?!) I'm not too sure but I'll soon be asking a friendly chub his opinion!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the smaller shot are still lead the is due to the manufacturing process lead is easier to make into smaller shot. and with other metals it is near impossible to make this size from anything other than lead!!

P.S while were in voting.

What about the BNP ive never seen such tripe thats come through the door this week. All ****** about how europe is going to destroy britain.

I dont think they realise that the majority of uk jobs rely on tradings with the rest of europe.

I think Toggle hit the nail on the head, this country should allow a " non of the above " vote and make voting compulsory, perhaps then we shall see our laws evolve to make politics a more honest profession.

[ 28. May 2004, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Nik ]

Just quick point on the lead shot issue, The sizes banned are for all lead weights between size 8 split shot up to 1 ¼ oz weights. The reason is that swans take stones into their gizzard (a muscle lined chamber before the stomach) to help grind seeds and tough vegetable matter to aid digestion.

Shot smaller than size 8 and bigger than 1 ¼ oz are not picked up by swans and therefore do not pose a danger to them.

Peter

Nik - politics a more honest profession

:D:D:D:D:D

Stop .... Stop I can't take any more...... :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Nik:

this country should allow a " non of the above " vote and make voting compulsory

A lot of people think this a good idea...

....But what if "none of the above" won the poll?

My suggestion is that the election be declared null and void, and a new election called, at which NONE of the candidates from the void election should be allowed to stand - after all they have been rejected once.

Now that would be a REAL protest vote !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hmmm, 'None of the above' might actually win eh?

Lets think... £xxxk pa + expenses + tax free company cars + rent and tax free housing + loads of freebies + ability to tell others what to do and do the total opposite + near unlimited power!

Don’t sound too bad this 'ere minster'n lark!

Don’t know if I could cope with the adulation of the populous and obligatory offensive wife though.

:D