Vote Green and ban angling.

ayjay

Picked this up on another fishy forum, seems like a good idea to spread it around.

This is taken from the Green Party website,

Policy "AR412 The Green Party is opposed to angling as a bloodsport. We will ban livebaiting which is inherently cruel. The Green Party will ban the use of all lead shot / weights used by anglers which are harmful to many other forms of wildlife. The Party will promote the voluntary cessation of angling through public education programmes."

AR 412

Send any comments to :-

office@greenparty.org.uk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems they need some education themselves, certainly on the lead shot issue ...

Sternly worded email on its way to The Greens!

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I think most of "Joe Public" think that we still use lead. Last summer I had a row with an RSPCA officer after we picked up a swan at the lake that I windsurf on. He said it had lead poisioning from the anglers shot he wouldn't have it that lead was banned years ago.

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Braderz:

yeah, wasn't lead stopped ages ago in coarse fishing anyway???

Mid 80's I think, for most sizes of shot up to a certain weight. Still legal in France though. A couple of years ago a famous English angler was fined for using shot bought in France, not knowing it was made from lead.

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

The Green Party when they got in to power in Germany banned the returning of fish!it was still ok to catch them but they had to be killed.a great shame as more and more German anglers had started to copy the English anglers thay saw by using keepnets and returning their catchs,where traditionally they had killed all.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

That has to be a wind up ajp,if not they need knocking to there senses with a piece of none GM,organically grown,no additives added 3 x 2!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy