New Year

Smudge

What is every one up to for the new year and what are your ambitions for 2003? Me, having friends around for New Years eve will enjoy a couple of bottles of nice wine to see the New Year in. Ambitions - to fish a lot more, this year I seem to have lost my enthusiasm a bit.

This New Years Eve will be spent at home with my hubby, Ian and my dad who was widowed in February this year. Dad & I will have a couple of glasses of beer, Ian fruit juice. My wish for 2003 is to have a better year than this one. Not making any resolutions as I usually break them by the 2nd. I will carry on smoking my pipe, drinking and eating. I only have one life I might as well try to enjoy it while I am still able to.

Being a miserable grumpy old sod I can't stand new year celebrations, particularly the modern need for supposed adults to act like overgrown children and let off fireworks from dawn till dusk for any and all half baked reasons, :mad:

and while they're at it drink until they fall over, :confused: I didn't even do that when I was a teenager and I can't do it now even if I wanted to because of my health.

Both of my kids will be out for the evening (thank you God) so my wife and I will have as quiet a night in as we can and probably retire early, leaving the new year to the drunks and fools and the scottish of course who seem to fulfill both of those criteria at once at this time of year. :D

Did I manage to insult everyone BTW or did I miss someone? :P

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

new year again!! not another ,didnt we have one about this time last year :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

snotty:

and while they're at it drink until they fall over

Falling over is nature's way of telling you you've had enough :D:D

...and note that "had enough" is not the same thing as "drunk"

He is not drunk, who, from the floor

Can raise his head, and drink some more. :rolleyes:

[ 30. December 2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'm gonna rid myself of dull and boring people that I sometimes have to associate with.

No more is the cry! I shall exclaim! two words,four letters two letters, both one syllable, meaning,darken not my prescence with your problems, begone.

Give me interesting and stimulating folk to talk to. Folks that brighten up my day when I meet them. Too many I work with "are not only dull in themselves but are the cause of dullness in others". Five minutes listening to them and your ready for slashing your wrists.

Always speak to people the way that you like to be spoken to is a classic example. So's smile and the whole world smiles with you. Smile, 'cos they don't know what your smiling at.

Better to wish you hadn't have, that to wish you had have (that can be dangerous). Never say no. Live a little. Life is not a rehearsal. Go for it!

I expect to pass through this life but once, any good thing therefore I can do, or any kindness I show to any fellow creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. Get the drift, be positive

Outgoing, bold and interesting and let the rest of the world vegetate :D:D:D

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

quote:

Being a miserable grumpy old sod I can't stand new year celebrations, particularly the modern need for supposed adults to act like overgrown children and let off fireworks from dawn till dusk for any and all half baked reasons,

and while they're at it drink until they fall over, I didn't even do that when I was a teenager and I can't do it now even if I wanted to because of my health.

Both of my kids will be out for the evening (thank you God) so my wife and I will have as quiet a night in as we can and probably retire early, leaving the new year to the drunks and fools and the scottish of course who seem to fulfill both of those criteria at once at this time of year.

Did I manage to insult everyone BTW or did I miss someone?

Snotty that's the best reply so far :D:D:D

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

John. Yeah, baby great positive philosophy. Let us know how you get on. Would you like me to do some gentle banishing spells for you, they can reallly help eliminate negativity, as long as I do them sober and send them off in the right direction! :D

Help me unhook these, please.

I've been sober all christmas little onions. I've spent more in the chemist than I have in the pub.

I'm still coughing and hacking as bad as I was 2 1/2 weeks ago when I came down with this ailment. Went to bed the other night and between me and the missis, we sounded like the Brighouse and Rastrick band warming up (coughing I mean). NurseJudy suggested rubbing Vicks on my chest. Well I rubbed it on the wife's, then snuggled up, didn't do my cough much good but was much more fun :D:D

I don't think I need a spell to cast away the dullards, I give them this look you know, and they know!

You can't beat the bodybuilders maxim; Are you the man you were meant to be? And if you're not, then get out there and do something about it!

Hows that for yet more positive thoughts!

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

This cough seems to have gripped everyone this year. I make the following remedy which works well for my family. It tastes absolutely disgusting, that's how you know it's good for you!

1oz (28g) dried dark purple marshmallow flowers.

" " hyssop.

" " Horehound.

Pour 3pts boiling water over the herbs and allow to infuse for 1hr.

Strain and bottle.

Take a wine glass full 3 x a day.

Don't knock it til you've tried it!

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Help me unhook these, please.