I Saw A Mouse...

Elton

Elton:

Elton, why not get Tanya to borrow a couple of those bottles from the hospital, you know the ones you have to ask for if you cant get out of bed to pee. The mouse can't get any grip on glass.

When you release the mouse, why not paint it as you did with the cats you posted earlier :D

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adz & Tel,

You two are, obviously, quite adept when it comes to this 'mousing' lark. What are your pb's?

:D

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

When it's had a good chew at one of the wiring looms in your Evo or some of your rod handles,you will want to KILL IT.Save yourself the aggro and do it now,KILL IT,and all it's little brothers and sisters.

my old boss ,was a bit of a softy ,he had a rabbit proof fence round his garden (as much as they can be rabbit proof) and we bought some fen traps for the bunnies that were left inside,if you lay them alonside the fence and bait them with sliced carrots ( yes honestly) they do work ,unfortunatly they also catch magpies and squirrels as well the magpies are easy to release but squirrels "freeze" and no amount of gentle shaking will move them , the best result was to tie the trap open and blast the pesky beast with a jet of water from a hose :D ,all the caught rabbits were released in my garden a mile away :) probably becoming food for the local fox :D

[ 12. November 2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Elton, do you know that if you catch the mouse/mice and want to let them go back to the wild, you have to take them over a mile away from your home or they will make their way to you. There is a good chance you have more than one mouse especially if it seems to eating a lot, if it is eating a lot it has a family to feed. Don't kill them though we ALL deserve to live. As a thought how big are their droppings? If they look like the tip of a used match it is a mouse, if more like a small currant you may have rats, I adore rats and the same for them if catching to let go.If you need anymore help e-mail me and I'll see what I can do to help. :confused:

This time of year the harvest/field mice start moving into my shed and garage for the winter.

I tolerate them, but not the grey house mice.

I've learned to make sure that all my netting is way out of reach. The stupid things manage to find their way in through the folds, then they can only find their way out by chewing through the nets :(

When I lived in Melbourne, we had mice in the kitchen.

Hear a noise in the food cupboard, open the door, poke about a bit and soon a terrified flash of grey was skidding around the kitchen looking for an escape route.

Before opening the cupboard door, we'd had the foresight to block all the gaps between the cooker etc with towels! :)

An empty milk-bottle, wrapped in newspaper offered the only chance of a dark mouse-sized hidey-hole.

Ziiip! The mouse was in the bottle, the bottle upended and the newspaper removed to reveal a mouse jumping up and down for all it was worth.

After many trips to the waste ground, half a block away, it slowly began to dawn on us that we were plagued with homing mice!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

we used to have a budgie ,one year we found it was eating a huge amount of food (it had one of those tube feeders) but it showed no signs of obesity ,one morning i woke up at dawn and noticed a small dark shape scuttle along the window sill to the cage ,it then lifted the unused feeder trough cover and go inside the cage and started feeding out of the tube :mad: it was a mouse the budgie watched its antics from the swing,we caught it the next morning by removing the budgie to a box for the night and placing a mousetrap in the cage :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Could be very bad news Elton, we had mice at our last house and caught and killed (in the traps) up to 13 a day. Took several weeks to get rid of them.

Worst was coming into the kitchen and hearing a little rustling sound inside the gas oven, opening the door and seeing several mice fleeing....ugh, ugh!

Thought my present house was immune,concrete floors etc, but they climb up the outside, into the loft, run across and down thro the airing cupboard and then down to where we store the dogs food. Started to hear them a few weeks back and set some traps near the food and bingo, three the first day, then a couple more and finally one single one.

They get EVERYWHERE, I have even found droppings on the top of wall cupboards when doing kitchen replacements, you can see their droppings but you cant see where they have piddled.

Sorry, sweet litle creatures but not in my house

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Elton?

You fecking plonker!! Mice keep down beetles, maggots and such?

I know they can be a tad noisey when they decide to nest in your loft. But, why did you let them live there?

Mice are lovely little creatures? So cuddly and affectionate. And such great bait for pike!! Try trotting a baby mouse a couple of yards off a reed bed!!

Don`t agree with this posting!! I`ll cross you off the Xmas list!!

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Elton:

Adz & Tel,

You two are, obviously, quite adept when it comes to this 'mousing' lark. What are your pb's?

:D

Elton

More of a ratter, me. 'PB' stands at 189 in 4 hours, whilst doing a bit of voluntary pest-control at an animal sanctuary. No sanctuary for rats, methinks. :rolleyes:

BTW, and just to be boring, please remember that around 40% of brown rats carry Weil's Disease, which is singularly unpleasant, not to mention potentially fatal and all but incurable to humans and dogs, once established. The old name for the disease is 'rat-catcher's yellows', due to the distinctive colour its victims take on when progressive kidney failure kicks in. Nice.

Weil's is spread via rats' urine, blood and saliva - and there's usually plenty of all three around a 'healthy' rat colony.

As someone with around 40 years of rat-control experience, please forgive the anti-rodent stance - but I knows 'em, an' I 'ates 'em.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.