How's everyone getting on?

Anderoo

Update to last night on the Loddon - shocked to see it so lacking in pace. I think the inexplicable work they have been doing to re-establish the old mill at Stanford End has adversely affected the lower river. Anyway not a touch - couple of chub pulls after dark - spoke to a couple of other guys - its been really slow.

Roll on the autumn.

I might have to take myself off to the lakes and catch some carp to cheer myself up. Wear some camo - get on the method - pukka ....

M

Chris what you up to the weekend after next as mrs is off to Brighton to catch up with an old mate so we could take the boat out and terrorise the other boat traffic and thrash keith at snooker again.

Tbh most of my trips are just impromptu ones wherever we end up moored and not really been into it ,Get a bivvy and we can try the bits we spoke about after we have baited it.....the best time for the rivers is yet to come Steve

Sounds like a good idea Steve, thank you. Beer, fishing, beer, snooker, beer and a posh dinner...wonderful

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Not a great season for me, having just bought a house and having crazy amounts of work on to finish a project at work (7 days a week, 80h+) I haven't been able to fish as much as I hoped.

Highlights for this season

New PB tench - 10lb 2oz (Wingham Fish-in)

Mostly ultra light lure fishing for perch and a lot of fun had but nothing over about 8oz

I think in the last couple of weeks I've finally figured out catching chub on lures in the summer, I'm hoping for a few more sunny days to test it all out though

First ever pike on top water lures

Definitely not a terrible season but it would have been better without work :-)

dissapointing early start of the year for Tench but it's got better as the years gone on with a successful little haul of tench up the road in a national trust park lake in one evening.

It seems my long sessions have been poor but those little sessions have been more productive. i think i have expected too much from the longer one's maybe.

that's fishing i guess :)

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Does anyone know of any free fishing spots along the river pang. I saw some pics a while ago of guys catching carp and was wondering how I can fish there.

Carp out of the Pang you sure?? must of been the lower reaches just before she goes into the Thames....the river runs just outside my village and I work at a few propertys that have access but it`s all sticklebacks,minnows, troot and in the lower reaches some clonking great Chub...proper chalk strteam when she runs that is . .

Fly fishing syndicate round Tidmarsh way rest is speak to a farmer....you sure the carp were not from pangbourne ie the Thames

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• 4 weeks later...

It must be something in the water as I have been the same as many of you. Went regularly at the start of the River season and since July have done nothing......no enthusiasm for it at all; zilch; fishing mojo gone.

But, September is here and there is a gentle sniff of Autumn in the air slowly, wistfully; a smell that reminds you of a former love and triggers moods and thoughts that had been locked away for too long.

Roach, Perch.......Winter will bring Chub (hopefully) and crisp, crunchy-under-foot days spent by riverside with hot tea, a slice of cake and great company.

My fishing mojo is returning.

• Like 1

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries