New to fishing

joanne

joanne:

?

sorry not sure what you are talking about as im into carp etc fishing.

Cheers

Joanne

Ah.

Pierced and shaven-headed Carp Clones, you want?

I know some - in Brentwood.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bally:

Its alright Joanne, not many of us know what Paul is talking about most of the time!!!!

Bally, doubtless, is 100% correct, Jo, but then I tend to confuse - indeed, perhaps even terrify - a certain type... Just try and go fishing, eh?

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Paul, why do you always talk in riddles? I mean, as a professional angling writer, surely you know the value of clarity?

Joanne, perhaps, by now, you will have realised that many of us know each other and a bit of micky taking is the norm. Yes, we are a friendly bunch but there is a degree of good natured (!) rivalry between those who support the Countryside Alliance and those who don't, and those who fish for for carp and those who don't! Best ignore it, along with Paul's riddles and conundrums.

By the way, the Chelmer Canal is, so I'm told, an excellent place to go.

You could always go back to London for the day, one of our posters does very, very well in Dockland!

Sorry I can't give you any practical help other than to suggest asking in your local tackle shop.

Hi Joanne, hailing from Essex myself I've tried a few lakes in and around the county. Some I've found pretty good were:

Tylers Common, Brentwood

Puddledock Farm, Upminster

Pea Lane Fishery, Ockendon

Rayne Lodge, Braintree

For more info into Essex fishing click here

If you fancy some club lakes try here

Terry

Hi Joanne and welcome to AN - Just a (serious) word of warning. If you are going to fish RMC waters, they are a bit different. Most waters ban barbed hooks, they ban barbless!!

[ 25. March 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Peter Waller:

Paul, why do you always talk in riddles? I mean, as a professional angling writer, surely you know the value of clarity?

Must be me love of challenges and anything with a degree of difficulty, Peter - fishing, literary, ladies, life. For me, if it's patently obvious or just plain easy, then it's boring and not what worth doing. I'll try not to be too cryptic in future -- try, at least ... but I really can't guarantee a satisfactory outcome for you... You might just have to put up me!