Will the real Stella Artois stand up.

Tyke

quote:

I usually stick to the lighter lagers in Summer

so do i. people take the p**s out of fosters but just try drinking 8 cans of stella whilst out in the sun having a barby (no not the doll!). also its cheaper, I'm not tight but after 3 bbqs in a weekend the pennies mount up.

98% of australians would never touch fosters, whilst 97%of young english men do.

also, it was on the news that asda and tesco may run out of lager in the next 10 days because of the hot weather and have to import from europe. Quality Stella might just make a quick return.

cheers,

rich.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My real ale emporium landlady tells me that BUDVAR is THE Bud. I wouldn't give you 2d a pint for lagers. I've had Lemon beers and they are very, very refreshing. As for Carsberg Export, get a taste for that stuff and you soon will have a SERIOUS problem. All our town's worst alchies drink nothing else. I look at them and think! I can learn something here.

I can remember Tetleys brewery in Leeds having wagons of steaming hops they'd used in the brewing being taken away to allotments and where ever. Last year I peered into their yard and saw a stainless steel cylinder about 200 gallons I'd guess, which read, Hop oil. I feel the bigger breweries are no more than laboritories an I for one ain't supping none of it

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

theres one beer not mentioned yet, a white wheat belgium beer called hoogarden, looks like dishwater, wonderful flavours, bloody expensive though, last time I found some in a pub it was £3.60 a pint on draught. Bottled ones not bad as well, although i've been told its even better in belgium :D:D

RUDD:

Round here we used to call it The Wife Beater.

I still call it that, and I'm about 15 miles from you :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I once tried a bottle of hoogarden and it tasted just like 40 pints of homebrew id just dumped.

Cloudy yeasty and a peculier taste :confused:

I wished i had not been so hasty as it really did taste like hoogarden.

Interesting observation Rich about the quality Stella coming in cos Asda and other supermarkets have run out.

Hop oil for Tetley bitter? i understand Bass make Tetleys now and Bass is a tasteless waste of space.

I do know some folk dont like there beer to taste of much :(

I once had a pale ale which had so many flavours dancing on the tounge i was well and truly hooked.

Alas a cockney fishing person i used to go with thought it was oh too much and went for a pint of Bass.

quote:

Originally posted by john ellison;

As for Carsberg Export, get a taste for that stuff and you soon will have a SERIOUS problem. All our town's worst alchies drink nothing else. I look at them and think! I can learn something here.

:D LOL - I think you mean Carlsberg Special Brew John

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

rich:
98% of australians would never touch fosters, whilst 97%of young english men do.
This is true. I think the best selling Aussie beer in Australia is Swan or VB (Victoria Beer)

Aussie joke:

Q). Why us XXXX called XXX

A). Because banana-benders (Queenslanders) can't spell beer.

[ 12. August 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Tyke:

I must admit Rudd that ive started drinking more red wine these days.

As long as its a full bodied red and no weak french stuff.

What 'weak french stuff' have you been quaffing?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

A great old boy beer in Suffolk :

Light and Bitter

You get just over half a pint of finest bitter in a pint glass and add a bottle of light ale.

It is a very light and refreshing drink.

Elton, being out "In the sticks" there must be a few light and bitter drinkers round you neck of the woods.

I have only seen it being supped in village pubs.

On the subject of beer why is it that the local brewers make better beer than the bigger brewers?

The best brewer in Suffolk has to be a company called Adnams.

They make a bitter called broadside and belive me you feel like you have been broadsided (Navy term for giving or receiving a full volley of cannonballs from every gun on the port or starboard side of a war ship!) after several pints of the stuff as it is 5-6% (cant remember the actual strenght).

They also make a bitter called Regatta that looks like lager (very pale compared to normal bitters)and is also fairly strong.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

rich:

try the Chezck (spelling?) version of budwieser (Budvar) now as lagers go its rocket fuel.

cheers, hic

rich

Even better IMHO is another Czek beer called Staropramen. I have had it on draught in a couple of pubs in London. It is expensive, but tastes like God himself drinks it. I have not yet seen it in bottles.

[ 12. August 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]