What Fears bring out your worst Nerves

littlefeathers

Talking recently to Billy with reference to nerves etc reminded me of a topic recently in our local and national newspaper.

A woman driver has this fear of driving round a certain roundabout in Bristol and apparently parks her car before it and catches a bus around it and then onto work.

I have driven round this roundabout many a time, and to me its just a roundabout. Yet its amazing what can seem so trivial to other people can be this persons worst nightmare.

On the topic of 'Billy's driving test' I told him of my fear at being called up for a karaoke song.

I've another one, I love sea fishing, beach and boat yet I hate the sea and I wont ever swim out of my depth, I swim sideways along the shore and if im just floating on a lilo then either one foots always on the ground or my hand is touching the bottom, if I get out my depth then panic sets in and im out of there.

So what silly fears bring on your worst nerves....

Mandy :D

[ 17. August 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: littlefeathers ]

Hi all

hi little feathers my nerves will show yet again on my driving lesson on tuesday when i start sweating and almost hold my breath throughout the whole lesson and what makes it worse is when i make a mistake and the instructer starts asking what im doing(as if i dont know its just nerves that make me slip up)

but my fear is running someone over because i may lose control of the car or something while reversing or normal driving by slipping the clutch or something stupid.

but i relise if i worry about these things it will ruin things like enjoying driving but like i said im a worry wort :D

seems swimming alone the beech sideways is sensible as at least you get in some people dont get anywhere near but me i love water and surf when i get the chance but when i was a kid i was petrified of water :confused: :rolleyes:

billy

LOL :D

You sound similar to me Billy, my mother always said I was the worlds biggest worrier (minds gone blank, is that the right spelling?).

Good luck with the driving test, might not seem it now, but driving will become second nature and about as taxing as tying your shoe laces.

Oh, and littlefeathers. You can't expect us men to divulge our fears, stiff upper lip and all that. :o ........sssssshhhhhh! I'm terrified of spiders.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

wasps i was stung in my ear when i was young and just to hear a buzz and im off my wife is also afraid of them you should see us scarper if one comes into the room . its quite pathetic really as im 6 foot and 16 stone

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Oh, and large skinheads waving flick knives and baseball bats who support the opposing team chanting "You're going home in a bodybag!" after their team has just been defeated!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

I have a fear of a mosquito sat waiting in the bedroom for me to turn the light out and go to sleep so it can feed on my blood. :(

I think its only fair that a mozzie should feed on you whilst its light and you are awake, that way you have a chance to splat the little B****** for being so insolent.

Hate mozzies, hate wasps, dont mind bees or spiders.

Oh yes i hate sprat Roach whittling away my bread down when its meant for big carp. :mad:

littlefeathers:

So what silly fears bring on your worst nerves....

Mandy :D

DENTISTS I failed a test in the services because of my fear of dentists.

eg Now Alan I will have to fill 4 and remove 2 from the top.

My response, take the lot out NOW, biggest mistake I ever made, false teeth in the top and they spend more time in my pocket than my mouth.

Not too happy going underground either.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Flying. Had an uncle who was in Pathfinders during the war who took me up in a single engine plane as a young kid, what a treat.

Until he started doing rolls, loops and stalls. I left the aircraft in an ambulance and cannot get back on a plane unless I am full of brandy and vallium ever since.