Problems with the site?

*Ant*

Whenever I have "problems" with AN, I check the other websites I visit, in the UK and abroad, they all function perfectly.

I don,t think its an Internet/ADSL/Virus problem, its something on this Server.

I,m not moaning, just stating facts and my opinion. :)

Its been like it for quite awhile, eventually you get use to it.

Alan, why do you post other peoples posts, in quotes ? :confused:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

There are a few issues here, but:

I hope this gets sorted soon, thats 2 evening in a row I have spent watching bloody tv. Sonja does like to cuddle up at about 2200 though :D

This problem has made me realise just how much I would miss AN if it was not here, glad I support it and help with the expenses by being a member of ANMC and clicking on the sites that give Elton a penny a click.

How would you feel if you got a two thousand pounds bill for providing a whole load of entertainment/education/fun for nothing?

Join ANMC and help please.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Still getting problems :(

Whether I connect or get a DNS error is still very hit and miss.

Very often I connect, but the forum panel isn't shown on the front page, and clicking on 'forum' from the menu gives me a DNS error.

Also the front page doesn't normally bring up the random banner ad near the top of the page, just a small square with an X, though clicking refresh usually brings up the banner ad.

I've had emails that people are having trouble connecting to the SAC page.

Once I'm connected, even if I leave the forum connected (I'm on broadband), and try to post later, I'll often get a DNS error.

:(

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

What urls do people with problems have in their browser?

I have had no problems whatsover with http://anglersnet.co.uk/

I am, however, transferring the site over to anglers-net.co.uk and a totally new ISP. The DNS for that domain is not resolving, for some reason.

This transfer has meant that my machine has been ftp'ing files for 36 hours and is only 56% through the forum files - please give me a bit of time :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've noticed on a few occasions now that even with the "Hello, Andy Macfarlane [ log out ]" it then still asks me to sign in before posting. Anyone else?

I also had bother getting onto the forums but a search engine usually provides a direct link to them anyway. Seems to be OK now though.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Elton:

What urls do people with problems have in their browser?

I have had no problems whatsover with http://anglersnet.co.uk/

I am, however, transferring the site over to anglers-net.co.uk and a totally new ISP. The DNS for that domain is not resolving, for some reason.

This transfer has meant that my machine has been ftp'ing files for 36 hours and is only 56% through the forum files - please give me a bit of time :)

Elton

56% through the forum files could partially explain the problem with the forum.

I got on strait away this morning, no problem, 10 minutes later I went back to AN and had that bloody red x in the middle again so could not get back on again. Clicked on all the other titles under the forum box and no bothers at all.

Elton, no one is having a go at you mate, just letting you know what is (or not) going on without bombarding you with emails and letting other people know that we are ALL having problems so please don't throw your machines out of the window, especially if you live high up :D

Hang in there.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Elton I'm also still having problems with access,I can sometimes get on,yesterday I accessed the site via google but then got the same error messages as before when using the forum link from the AN homepage.

Earlier this morning I couldn't even access the site through google but now my normal bookmarks are working again, just 5 minutes earlier with the same internet connection they wouldn't work. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah, still having problems. Exactly what Leon seems to be getting. It's a pain in the ar$e but at least I know it's not my pc that's knackered.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.