GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

Damn.

What are the chances of my sister ever forgiving me if I miss her wedding to go fishing?

Can't she get married some other time?

Damn selfish of her if you ask me.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeepster, can you try and contact me please RE rods?? Tried twice now and don't know if message has got to you?? It is NOT showing in my list of sent messages is all.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

List so far. Two places left, might be able to squeeze three

argyll

budgie b

andy b +1

seph+1

ferret

glennB

jeepster

chrisG + 1

ant

elton +1

tonyU +1

graemeB

badexcuseforanangler

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

We have vicars that are AN members. If I could persuade one of them to come to Timsbury, would that help? :rolleyes:

Edited by argyll

Not sure how well the detail on the map will show up, its just a little diagram for those that don't know the water. The warden at Timsbury has I.D'ed the popular spots for different fish and it pretty much follows what we already knew, although the whereabouts of the fabled Timsbury 30lb plusser that everyone knows about but nobody's seen, is anyone's guess. Hope it saves you some time setting up on the day.

timsbury.jpg

Timsbury Rules of the River

barbless hooks only

all landing nets to be dipped (container just behind the car park)

no keep nets

all fish to be returned

maximum two rods

no braids as mainline or rigs

no plugs or spinners less than 6“

no fish to be removed from the fishery

no dogs, animals or radios allowed

no firearms or weapons to be taken onto the fishery

all rods shall be equipped with a suitable landing net

no wading or swimming

no boats to taken onto the river

all litter and unused bait must be taken home

payment for permits constitute acceptance of the fishery rules and breaking these rules will mean being asked to leave the fishery without refund

no responsibility can be taken by the management for any circumstances affecting the fishing which is beyond their control

to the extent permissible by law, all liability for loss or damage is expressly excluded

the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction

Environment Agency fishing licence required

Travel directions

Travelling on the M3 westbound, take the A303 then the A30 towards Stockbridge. From Stockbridge follow the A3057 towards Romsey. Before you get to Romsey you’ll drive through the village of Timsbury. Then turn right into Manor Lane, following the lane to the end and turn left through two brick pillars (Timsbury Fishing) Bear left following the track and park behind the lake. Fishery rules and boundaries will be found in front of the office. Got yourself lost ? Timsbury Fishery office number is 01264 365165

There are three lakes with carp. These are not included on the river ticket. Don’t fish them unless you’re prepared to pay for another ticket on the bank.

I’ll sort out a breakfast stop later. Last time I used the Winchester motorway stop the breakfast was bad news and I wouldn’t inflict it on the rest of you. I need to check with the office first but if they don’t mind me bringing a barbie I’ll swing for some lunchtime bacon sarnies and sausage rolls if you lot make a small contribution to the Mcmillan Nurses fund.

Lastly I need to confirm start and finish time but we think it’s possibly 8.30am to dusk. I'll confirm

Edited by argyll