Not on OUR board................

Oddly enough I don't have a problem with cliques Spasor and I never expressed a problem, I merely accept them as part and parcel of forums. For the record I've fished with a few of the occasional posters on this forum, one or two on a regular basis so no I dont even feel left out. If you feel catagorised Spasor then I didn't put you there, you put yourself there and I don't have a problem with people advertising their business on threads, all adds spice to a forum, but its all or nothing. If its allowed for one then its allowed for all, wouldn't you agree its only fair?

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its allowed for one then its allowed for all, wouldn't you agree its only fair?

Not really argyll. We (Elton and those of us he has helping out by moderating the forum) tend to treat a little advertising as an earned privilege. Regulars who have contributed to the forum with a long history of substantive and non-commercial posts have 'earned' the privilege of posting the occasional bit of advertising of products they sell. Not a right and if abused, dealt with but I can't remember that happening in the time I've been on here.

For a new poster to come on with a first post touting goods or service, OTOH, is seen as spam and treated as such.

A new poster who puts up information in response to a question of the 'where can I buy a .....' sort will also be allowed.

I am sorta 'clique-less' since I live way too far from most of you to be able to meet up and fish so I guess I'm pretty much impartial by default. But I've never noticed any of the other mods allowing their friends to abuse the forum.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by Newt:

I am sorta 'clique-less' since I live way too far from most of you to be able to meet up and fish [/QB]

Well since it seems that we now officially have a clique we can adopt you Newt, if it can manage to span the whole of the UK and part of Europe I think it can jump the pond as well

BTW where do you buy these "Armchair Anglers" ??

is it like a float tube thingy?????

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

argyll:

Oh right Alan, so its unacceptable to advertise yourself on Anglersnet. Is that everone, or just whichever individual suddenly is not flavour of the month?

Argyll/all, I think that Newt summed it up quite well.

Yes I advertise my disgorgers on here and do it quite openly, the difference is that I asked Elton first AND the disgorgers topic was brought up by a respected member of AN before I brought the last of the existing stock. I have loads of the coarse fishing and mini match disgorgers in stock but as the topic has not been mentioned on the coarse section then I have not mentioned them on there.

I give the odd plug to Fishtek on products that they have sent me to field test, there is no profit in it for me but I found that there products do catch fish so I pass it on to fellow anglers, it is the same with SAN, I found it to be a good publication as an alternative to some of the glossie magazines so passed it on to my fellow anglers AFTER checking with Elton, again no profit in it to me.

Cheers for now.

Alan

As for cliques, what a load of tripe. Just as an example take a look at the post cards topic on the non fishing forum, Sonja has had 50+ cards from all over the world, this is the SPIRIT of AN :)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

There you go again Alan,makeing accusations against people.

As I have repeatedly stated,I AM NOT ADVERTISEING Any business.I am a painter and decorator for gods sake,NOT a Kayak dealer,I have no dealings of a financial nature with ANY kayak company OR supplier.

You SO CALLED moderators should tread very carefully before makeing such comments about people without thinking first,and certainly without solid proof.This is nothing less than Defermation of Charactor.

Its time Elton got a grip on you SO CALLED Moderators,your out of hand and have to much to say for yourselves about other people.

Im glad to see there are other people here who see you for what you are.

As for you asking Elton to place some links to Kayak sites, this wouldnt be a way for you to open the back door for the 10 that you were supposed to be impoting would it,useing me as a screen.

Lets wait and see on that one shall we.

SPIRIT OF THE SITE MY BACKSIDE.

Remember Flu jabs available from the end of September oops!!!!

Is your clique recruiting or do you have enough medical help with Orca on board!

judith

Posted Image

[ 03. May 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Nice to see everyone getting on so well.

Just been fishing for 4 days and didn't miss the PC once. Not difficult to see why :D

Any chance you guys can draw a line under this and start again? If not, I'm just going to delete the lot, which is something that rarely gets done here and is not something I enjoy.

Let's have a friendly thread about this kayak thing. I, for one, am intrigued.....it sounds mad, but I'm sure the people doing it do it in a safe manner. At the moment, I've got this image of 'Extreme Fishing'..... :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE