THE FACE OF TODAY

big_cod

Chap two doors away had a floppy foot ,he bought a floppy foot thing that cured it so he can drive his car easier ,not bad for a 92 year old

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

you can say what you like try to defend them but this government aren't caring at all and dont give a hoot and i am sure they will pay the penalty at the ballot box and rightly so.

paul.

Sorry Paul, but I just can't see the Tories losing at the next election.

With labour you have their recent history against them.

The most unprincipled lying mass murderer ever to disgrace the office of Prime Minister Tony Blair

The worst Prime Minister, not just in recent memory but probably of all time Gordon Brown.

Then we have the current nonentities who, lets face it, are just filling in until there is a reasonable possibility of getting someone elected .

The only problem I have is BNP Lite get votes and that weasely faced little **** Farage gets any more money from the taxpayer.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

"Can get out and about", I didn't see that in Pauls post Ken. I saw "He struggles like hell". He might be able to move around with difficulty, but that's not the same as getting "out and about", is it.

What job do you think he would be able to do, and more to the point, do you think an employer would pay him to do it?

That's the paradox with this system. The assessors have a set of criteria, that they should work to, (regardless of any financial incentive to get people off benefits), but that criteria, is not always compatible with working in the 'real' world, where mental competence, and physical ability are needed, to make employing a person financially viable, or even desirable.

John.

Look again, it's a direct quote.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Sorry Paul, but I just can't see the Tories losing at the next election.

LibDem vote collapsing and mostly migrating to Labour. Growing UKIP vote disproportionately drawn from Conservative voting pool - ~60% former conservative voters, ~22% former labour or Lib Dem, though that was this time last year and they have grown their support significantly since then. I could see the Tories losing.

I think another coalition is a strong possibility, but who? Vanishingly unlikely, but I wonder what would happen if the only numerically viable coalition was Lab/UKIP? Would Minigland get into bed with Farage and vice-versa?

Look again, it's a direct quote.

Sorry Ken I read it twice, and still missed it :doh:.

The rest of my post still stands though, just because a man can get around, (with great difficulty), doesn't mean he's employable.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Sorry Ken I read it twice, and still missed it :doh:.

The rest of my post still stands though, just because a man can get around, (with great difficulty), doesn't mean he's employable.

John.

No but as is so often the case, people think that all disability benefits as based on employability when that's not the case at all. People can and do receive PIP/DLA whilst working.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A Labour / UKIP coalition I would like to see, just for the entertainment value. The blind leading the partially sighted springs to mind.

I do feel that when it comes to actual elections people do tend to act a bit more responsibly.

You can say anything in a poll but a mark on a ballot paper is a bit sobering.

• Like 1

You can say anything in a poll but a mark on a ballot paper is a bit sobering.

True, though I think the LibDems really have blown it with a lot of their core supporters. I think that if UKIP manage a protest vote breakthrough in the European Parliament elections (and perhaps the local elections) in May, it may give them the electoral credibility to allow them to ratchet up their vote in a general election. Whether they can turn that into seats is another matter.
  • Like 1

It beats me why people get sucked in by Farage. He is so obviously phony. He will say whatever he thinks will help get his snout further into the trough. The last time I saw anyone this fake in Politics it was Tony Blair, and look what a joy he turned out to be.

Farage reminds me of a sleazy Office Furniture salesman, holding forth in the saloon bar of his local, clutching his half of bitter and explaining to the gullible what is wrong with the world and how he would put it right.

If he ever gets himself elected I will know that leaving the country was the right decision.

No but as is so often the case, people think that all disability benefits as based on employability when that's not the case at all. People can and do receive PIP/DLA whilst working.

I didn't know much about PIP, so I looked on the Govt web site.

https://www.gov.uk/pip/what-youll-get

This bit made me smile.

Terminal illness

You’ll get the enhanced daily living component if you’re not expected to live more than 6 months. The rate of mobility component depends on your needs.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John