Mad As A Hatter

Brian Carragher

OK so its nothing to do with Easter but I was wondering how many hardy (or was it foolhardy) folks went fishing today.

I think today and with that biting wind and low air tempratures I think it gave us the coldest day of the winter so far. I was out today piking and it was absolutly bone chilling. Even allowing for the wind and a few days of low temperatures I still fancied a pike or two but I blanked, the only consolation is that it was my first blank for a while.

So any one else been fishing today and how were the conditions in your part of the world?

Brian, I considered going when I woke this morning. Stepping foot outside made me think otherwise. :(

I did however spend a bit of time outside this afternoon though. I spent my time constructively washing the car. I could no longer bear to look at the general filth, grime and worse of all salt which was coating my car.

No fishing but at least my car looks a lot better and the salt has been washed off it.

Almost forgot, it was very cold this afternoon too. Numb fingers were the result of my afternoons activity! :(

Edited by Gaz51

I had a few hours 'chubbing' on the Kennet yesterday - biting wind, water was gin clear and 39ºF (and I was wading in it!). Only 1 chublet - though did manage a 1¾lb perch - which was nice !

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Had a surprisingly good session today. My son and I found a bit of lake that wasn't frozen and dropped in feeders with dead maggot. We had four carp (hybrids) each up to around two pounds, and bream. Not monsters, but great fun. I've done worse in the summer :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Relly must get some warm wellies, couldn't feel my toes till we got back to the car :blink::blink:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

I was out both Sat & Sunday. Sat was just a few short sessions but Sunday was pretty intense. With the right clobber it a pleasure to fish in these conditions, provided you catch!

And did you, Peter?

I was out both Sat & Sunday. Sat was just a few short sessions but Sunday was pretty intense. With the right clobber it a pleasure to fish in these conditions, provided you catch!

And did you, Peter?

john clarke

I've 'done my back in'. Haven't been for nearly three weeks because of a bad chest. I think I did my back in, with all the coughing I did. Lucky me, the weather has been crap!

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.