Back Biting

Smudge

Have I missed summink then?

Okay, there has been the odd narly post here & there along with the odd dog fight but other than that this forum has been as tame as crisps. In fact, I've had better snarl-ups at a jumble sale :)

:D Get a hair cut, it's getting too long. :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I have an advantage over most having spent 30 plus years in quality control and finally assurance in the construction industry.

I learnt very fast that no matter how personal other people got not to do like wise. Sit back take a few good breaths and compose a non-personal reply.

Not always easy when you have been accused of many distasteful things but by remaining cool I gained a formidable reputation for winning a point.

I had the distinction of having a three quarters constructed building raised to the ground whilst working for ARAMCO it was the first time this had happened.

Everyone thought I had bought a silver bird ticket home, they also thought I would not win my case because many of those in the other camp were far better qualified.

At the end of the day I stayed in place, the head of the company who constructed the building became a very good friend.

And the simple answer was I did not get personal or abusive and as a debated which cost several million dollars you could not get more polarized in points of view. ;);)

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Have I missed summink then

Try saying something against the BMP. Those that have no valid arguments just resort to personal insults. Fortunatly there are some good sensible posters on here who accept others may have different points of view. I use the 'manage ignored users' from My Controls to deal with the crap posters. You don't miss anything because if they behaved in a sensible way or had anything to say they wouldn't be on the list.

Okay, there has been the odd narly post here & there along with the odd dog fight but other than that this forum has been as tame as crisps. In fact, I've had better snarl-ups at a jumble sale :)

The other mods will back me up on this, we've had in excess of 40 reported posts in the last 10 days, and the majority (nearly all) are from the Sea Fishing Forum. :o So, I don't know what sort of jumble sales you go to! :P

General info for all; Each time a post is reported an email is send to all mods and admin (Elton will have them all waiting for him when he returns). The first mod that gets to the 'problem post' is usually the one to deal with it.

Personally, I have a high pressure job, yet my day is interupted by emails (sometimes 5 or 6 times a day and sometimes regarding the same thread or person) bring my attention to 'problem posts'. I, like all mods and admin, have to read the whole thread, make a decision and deal with it as quickly as possible. And if that ain't bad enough, we then get flak for it with people starting threads about the decisions we've (I've) taken!

It's a real shame. :(

Only been using the forum a short time but can see that it is always the same people involved in any aggro.

Funny how the same people are the first ones to protest there inocecnce as well. see above.

When they are not stirring trouble they are goading people into reacting.

Seems like its a sport for them.

if I was one of the mods I'd ban them as they are not worth the trouble they cause.

Yup, this will be my last post I think.

I am going to be a 'viewer, only from now on. After the disgusting names that I was called just because I chose not to believe a report, I thnk it's time to just go fishing, and keep my thoughts to myself.

Leave the nasty stuff to those who enjoy it.

Bye lads, enjoy your fising.

Mike.

Mike! Don't go!

Enfield North London

On any forum you are going to get trouble, simply due to the fact that angling skills range from 'novice' to 'expert'. Likewise the posters will range from decent honest people to lunatics. :rolleyes:

There are really only two things that can be done. Allow the whiners,the troublemakers and the total t*ats to continue or, as I do on my own forum, ban them by username and IP address.

I'd rather twenty muppets left and went somewhere else and get one decent angler start posting as a result.

SEA FISHING THE SOUTH WEST

www.seaswest.org.uk