Shore Report...

Spur-Hound

Not wanting to get caught up in the squabbles, i should't say much, but common'!!! Does nobody go fishing anymore? When everyone is deprived do they turn for AN for something to argue with???? :angry:

Ok, well saterday i was at a match at east Fife... Conditions looked great; started at Anstruther harbour and a massive wave soaked me before i had even started fishing, filling my waders to the brim with icy cold north sea water. The rest of the day i basically froze my ****** off, and caught fek all!!! Oh how i HATE the Fife coast!

Today me and a mate headed north somewhere between Arbroath and Aberdeen. There was an awesome swell pounding in, powering up over reefs and hammering the cliffs creating a mealstrome of white water. Even tho' our rock was a safe 30ft+ off the water the waves still threatened. My very favorite conditions...i can stand entertained for ages watching the sea when its like that. Still, the water was brown and there was bound to be cod...

Basically we had a steady stream of bites all day(and night) on various baits ranging from shellfish to fishbaits, and i landed 5 Cod with my mate getting 4. My biggest was just over 5 1/2lbs, and my mates was 6 1/2lbs...

Ide like to add, his biggest had a black rubber band, abit like something you would see on a moter, wrapped around itself behind its head. This elastic band was tight and the skin was getting undercut... looked nasty. Ide hate to think anglers did this! It seems almost impossible that the fish could have swam into it and squeesed it over itself. Ill post piccies later.

Well, its been one heck of a long weekend. With bait digging included from friday ive only been home for 2 short periods to grab 40winks, and im absolutely knakered! How good is that physically shattered feeling, where all your muscles ache and your eyes wont stay open, thanks to a good weekends fishing.

"Night Night"

Shaun

B)

Edited by Spur-Hound

Tight Lines

Shaun

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report Shaun - its good to know there is still some fishing going on.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Had a week in Fife in the summer, Shaun, based at Upper Largo.

I didn`t get any fishing in :( , apart from 1 short session of macky bashing at Kirkcaldy :) , but there are some tremendous looking marks on the coast from Lower Largo around to St Andrews.

One day I`ll be back with a rod.................

Tony

bleedin' crabs.

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Hi sean,

Thanks for the report, they are always a pleasure to read. We fished the Cloughton Open yesterday. I came 26th with a fish of 4 pounds 1 oz. Only 25 Prizes - What a bummer :(:):D . There were lots of fish caught in this heaviest fish match. The biggest being just short of 11 pound. Not a bad day out too. I here big cods shattered after climbing down and back up the 2 highest cliffs in the area.

Was out fishing the same match as Shaun on saturday was a rather uneventful day to say the least finished on a remarkebly respectable 3 codling and a 3rd place finish. Fished the next day up at Usan in a huge sea similar to that described by Shaun was destroyed by my dad who had 8 to 5lb and i had 3 ive still now heard the end of it yet!!