In The Ring

ALBERT-ROSS

I never saw any of the posts that Newt removed, but I have to say one thing and that is that I would much prefer Newt to be erring the way he is going, than for him to err by letting things go further than they have been going in recent times.

We have seen a decreasing amount of respect between many posters and we are on the verge of becoming like other forums where respect is none existent and where posters call each other obscene names just because they disagree with each other.

If becoming a "Nanny State" means that we have to observe some degree of decency and respect towards each other then yes; please let us have a "Nanny State". That is how it was when Elton started the site and that is how it stayed for some considerable time. If some of you want to be abusive that is fine, just don't try to change this site to gratify those desires; go somewhere else to vent your aggressiveness and leave this site to those of us who enjoy the happy atmosphere we have enjoyed for so long.

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the posts were though Tuggs. Some were ridiculing the spelling mistakes made by ' The Slayer'. As the assumption is that this person is Sam Cox then they were taking the **** out of his disability.

The assumption was one highlighted by a mod in the 'Alan Yates' thread.

I repeat my question, hoping a mod might answer, "is it acceptable to get round a suspension by signing under a new name with a dodgy hotmail account?"

If it is unnacceptable, then why the exception in this case?

If it is an acceptable way to get round a suspension/ban, then how do you hope to control the actions of those posting? - takes 5 minutes to open a hotmail account!

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Guest Feels like Winter to me

I think what is happening is that we have a culture of negativity and in that I include everyone even if your just posting to say how terrible things are, by doing so you too are perpetuating the problem.There are now topics about topics about topics and all end up being closed or deleted. This paticuler topic at one point did have a few comments about spelling mistakes. Knowing about sams problems I refuse to take part in that, But it's not that terrible and in normal times once again would have gone really unnoticed. Because of this culture of negativity everyone jumps in and says OMG things are so bad when in relative terms they really arent. There have been a few posts, and I have to admit a couple about 10 days ago were mine, but appart from those nothing bad, nothing terrible and nothing to get upset about.

About time we got back to normal and stop focussing on a problem that was only a problem for 2 or 3 people and has long since passed.

Rant over :D:):P

Edited by Feels like Winter to me

The assumption was one highlighted by a mod in the 'Alan Yates' thread.

I repeat my question, hoping a mod might answer, "is it acceptable to get round a suspension by signing under a new name with a dodgy hotmail account?"

No.

If it is unnacceptable, then why the exception in this case?

Us Mods and Admin have not KNOWINGLY allowed anyone to post who has already got a suspended account.

If it is an acceptable way to get round a suspension/ban, then how do you hope to control the actions of those posting? - takes 5 minutes to open a hotmail account!

Once we can confirm that it is the same person (if we can), then we can suspend the new account. The ISP addresses are nearly the same, but not the 'same enough' for any action, in my honest opinion.

I suggest that any further queries regarding other user accounts be put into an email and sent to Elton to read on his return. Thank you.

OK i will say it again in plain english

the posts that were deleted was an ongoing word game!

how is that offensive?

Ok. I've just had a look at the deleted posts (more wasting of my time!). In my honest opinion the 'word game' was initialy started as a 'micky take' and not as a game. In fact, the first 3 posts of the 'word game' had nothing what so ever to do with fishing, let alone sea fishing.

Newt was RIGHT to delete the posts in question.

END OF!

christ this is some nanny state at the moment

It wouldn`t be like this if you lot decided to play nice and not bitch and fight with each other all the time.

YOU`VE done this to yourselves, no one else.

If you don`t like it, then you have 3 choices

1, Behave and stop all the fighting, bitching, name calling, etc....

2, Email Elton about the current state of play, (but bear in mind that all the deleted posts of late are saved and will be viewed by Elton upon his return)

3, Leave.

Simple

If you have problems with someone, do it via PM/IM/Email, NOT on the board.

It wouldn`t be like this if you lot decided to play nice and not bitch and fight with each other all the time.

YOU`VE done this to yourselves, no one else.

If you don`t like it, then you have 3 choices

1, Behave and stop all the fighting, bitching, name calling, etc....

2, Email Elton about the current state of play, (but bear in mind that all the deleted posts of late are saved and will be viewed by Elton upon his return)

3, Leave.

Simple

If you have problems with someone, do it via PM/IM/Email, NOT on the board.

In that case Si, I would ask you to dig out and PM me or post any offensive personal attacks i have made on the deleted posts, any bitching i have done and also any name calling.

( i do admit to wondering about the xmas ditty in non-fishing chat but wasn't sure so not questioning that)

it seems at the moment people have a problem accepting not everyone conforms to the same way of thinking.

i am not ashamed of anything i post.