Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Haven't got a clue!...and more clues as this could be one of a thouseand ridges although I suppose that structure should be a dead giveaway..

I'll guess its Eskdale or surrounds as I've also photographed Herons there..

Gimme another clue or photo..:P

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Yup, just down the road from me that, so I take it you walked round the Owl sanctuary too? Great place is Muncaster Castle, I'm planning a return visit in the summer when the gardens are in bloom.

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Yup, just down the road from me that, so I take it you walked round the Owl sanctuary too? Great place is Muncaster Castle, I'm planning a return visit in the summer when the gardens are in bloom.

Steve

We certainly did Steve, the main reason for the visit was to "meet & photograph the owls". The problem was, when we got there we were told the "meet the owl" sessions don't start until today. :( Bugger! I did get to photograph them, but only through the grills of their enclosures, which at the time were quite gloomy.

Still, it's a good excuse to go back later in the year as the weather warms up, plus, as you say, the beautiful gardens will then be in bloom.

Edited by rabster

whilst out fishing on thursday i managed to snap this robin which was the only bright spot in the day as i blanked again.It did come closer (within touching distance) but i wasnt ready with the camera.

robin-on-rucksack-at-whitley.jpg

Some great shots of that heron rabster. I have tried to get a couple of a heron but could not get near it as they are very timid as i am sure you are aware :) . Wildlife photos are probably my favourite types of picture especially whilst in motion.

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc

My wife snapped a few photos of a Great Horned Owl today in our backyard, right after it snared a muskrat out of the creek for its lunch. These images were taken at a distance with 10x optical zoom. The photo quality was not excellent, and the images have been cropped, but they still show the bird for what it is - a deadly predator. It was aware of my wife's presence immediately, and the second photo shows its yellow eyes glaring at her.

Just after the muskrat was scooped from the water. You can see it under the owl

owl001a.jpg

Then it flew to a nearby fence with its food after being startled

owl002a.jpg

Model = Olympus C700

Exposure Time = 1/400"

F Number = F5

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Focal Length = 58mm

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain