Ebola

Ken L

All,

I would be grateful if anyone knows if a "smokers cough" is a symptom? As Fred Sanford said, "This is the big one - I'm comin' Lizbeth!"

Phone

Chesters1, They won't ban air travel til we run out of dollars. I thought you knew how the world works?

You can make money without moving from your seat ,you can have board meeting from your front room and you can speculate over your cereal ,what you cant do is physically shake hands and thats a good thing ,why take your hands to danger why allow dangerous hands come here ?

The world works by the poor being slaves or dead slaves why let the poor get near the rich ,why allow the poor to come to the rich when you can shut the borders ,death is the best form of population control why do the rich need to get in the way of nature ,africa is expendable in the scheme of things let nature do its job.

Senseless IMHO when were all choking on our own blood at deaths door will the thought occur " bugger had we closed the borders it would never have got this far"

W

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1 will love this.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Whh do we have to wait ,let it come to london and hopefully it will wipe out those stupid enough not to shut the borders to anyone from anywhere but iceland ,ofcourse if ebola is anywhere on earth not iceland either

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Spanish nurse infected in spain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29516882

Lucky old foreigners ,uk funding 700 beds out there but closing hospitals here ,what next front line nurses and doctors shipped out while elderly patients die here of starvation due to understaffing

Wait though we will need fresh doctors and nurses when they return with the bloody disease ,get out and let nature take its course

Got no problem with fools going anywhere abroad but thats it go out stay out ,the turnstiles should only turn one way

Edited by chesters1

It was 3.000 dead on 26 September and as of yesterday, the official total had passed 4,000 - although it's probably much higher..

Meanwhile medical staff in both Spain and the US have become infected.

It would be nice to think there will be no more cases in Spain or the US but I rather doubt that that will be the case.

Things are not looking good in Africa either with the second strain of Ebola still active in DR Congo and confirmed Marburg virus cases in Uganda.

Amazingly, flights still seem to be running out of both Monrovia and Freetown so it's a matter of time before other hotspots spring up.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm quite concerned at the two health workers getting infected in Western hospitals. One looks like carelessness. Two looks like inadequate protection or protocols. Is this strain hotter than previous outbreaks? Is it getting better at aerosol transmission?

Everybody is obsessed with aerosol/airborne transmission but that's far from the only change that could make this thing way more deadly. A slight change to the viral coat that allows the virus to persist longer on surfaces would be bad. A little evolution that gives an infected person a few more days of being only slightly unwell but infectious before getting really sick wouldn't be good either.

I did have a little look at that 2012 experiment that showed airborne transmission from pigs to monkeys and apparently pigs infected with ebola mainly show lung problems (whereas with humans the lungs aren't usually affected and it's the liver that takes the main beating) - hence the pigs coughing and subsequent transmission.

It is rather worrying that the nurse in Spain went so quickly from walking and talking to being on a respirator.

Yes, it causes only mild respiratory infection in pigs.

Airborne transmission, or better aerosol transmission are a worry from an infectivity point of view in the West - as long as you need direct contact with a symptomatic host, it's containable.

One issue is that medical staff appear to be treating a level 4 pathogen with inadequate training and level 2 equipment. I've seen it suggested that suppressing involuntary face touching takes significant training. Apparently these medics are using goggles or face shields, not full helmets.

Cue isis using ebola "bombers ,even more virgins for a slow lingering death after a few crowded london tube journeys, glad i dont live in the cities