Ebola

Ken L

even more surprising it was unloaded and removed exactly the same

good job hes being taken to a remote high tech high security hospital and not to one of the biggest cities in europe .....DOH

at lest if all of london citizens die a large number will be foreigners,quick quick build that high speed rail link to the north we could take out a load more if were lucky

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

This may belong in "have a laugh".

Z MAPP first identified as a drug candidate in January 2014 that has, thus far, proved to be 100% therapeutic for Ebola cannot be used until it undergoes a 2 year "safe and effective" trial. Approval for manufacturing could take another year.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Might be old news (relating to just the missionaries) or "100% therapeutic for Ebola" might mean that the Spanish priest and the Liberian doctor who also received it felt a bit better before promptly dying.

The British guy who has just been flown home has also been given it but so for, the survival rate with Z-Mapp looks to be about the same as without it.

Interesting events in DR Congo. They've had over 70 deaths from what they were calling a haemorrhagic enteritis but have recently announced that two blood tests are positive for Ebola that is a different strain from the one in West Africa.

The only good news is that Nigeria does indeed seem to have dodged the bullet.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Just looking back at post #92 from 19 August, where I said that "A little over 900 deaths on 06 August and now, 12 days later it's over 1,200".

Roughly the same time period again and the death toll is now more than 1,900 people.

A 50% increase in the death toll every 12 days will see over 14,000 dead in the next 60 days and if it were to continue at the same unchecked rate, it would reach two million in six months.

That's a sobering thought.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Exponential progressions are properly scary and you can bet that the advisors of just about every political power broker on the planet are using them to explain why money and resources need to be urgently funnelled into Africa to stop this thing.

You want to be really rocked back on your heels, just run the same sort of calculation over a longer period - say 9 or 12months.

BTW: Just did the back of a fag packet calculation for 12 months and it comes out at close to a billion - like I said, "properly scary".

Edited by Ken L

Ken,

Given there are 7 billion(ish) of us - calculate your "stats" for a generation.

Phone

As for fags - I know I know (I said I'd NEVER pay fifty cents for a pack) yet I still smoke. Best I've ever done is to cut back to "0" for 20 yrs. My comment was intended to point out the oxymoron that "tobacco is now the source for saving the world from disease - Ebola"