Ebola

Ken L

Oh please spare us the tin foil hat brigade stuff. I thought you were beyond that. Who are "small-pharma" is there some kind of "Mom and Pop Pharma" we should turn to instead of "Big Pharma". Smallpox vaccine works quite well. There is no treatment as far as I know, but the small pox vaccine apparently still works up to ten days after exposure.

There's no tin foil hat brigade stuff. "Big Pharma" is simply shorthand for "The major pharmaceutical companies".

And yes, they manufacture and distribute Smallpox vaccine - although it was of course invented and shown to work by Edward Jenner without their help.

They will also happily sell you a full range of quack medicines to turn a buck - so they're hardly angels:

Merck is a pharmaceutical company with a turnover of 7.7 billion euros - so "Big Pharma" in anyone's book.

It owns vitamin company Seven Seas and amongst their cod liver oil and multivitamins, you can find their "New Era range". This range consists entirely of homeopathic products!

They are all based on "Dr. Schuessler’s Nutritional Biochemic System of Medicine" - a nineteenth century homeopathic text.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chesters, Id have thought you would be all for a good outbreak of something, would ease the congestion!

If you can find a way of confining it to london it would be ok ,i have some family there but they could be expendable if needed

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There's no tin foil hat brigade stuff. "Big Pharma" is simply shorthand for "The major pharmaceutical companies".

And yes, they manufacture and distribute Smallpox vaccine - although it was of course invented and shown to work by Edward Jenner without their help.

They will also happily sell you a full range of quack medicines to turn a buck - so they're hardly angels:

Merck is a pharmaceutical company with a turnover of 7.7 billion euros - so "Big Pharma" in anyone's book.

It owns vitamin company Seven Seas and amongst their cod liver oil and multivitamins, you can find their "New Era range". This range consists entirely of homeopathic products!

They are all based on "Dr. Schuesslers Nutritional Biochemic System of Medicine" - a nineteenth century homeopathic text.

If there were no women and quack medicines chemists would go broke lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They are all based on "Dr. Schuessler’s Nutritional Biochemic System of Medicine" - a nineteenth century homeopathic text.

LOL. You KNOW "Big Pharma" is a derogatory term. I do agree that they should not market vitamins, supplements and homoeopathic crap, but the thing is that some people cannot be convinced that homoeopathy is wothless. Is it not better that they at least can be supplied with "pure" homoeopathic products rather than be poisoned by some charlatan that did not get the dilution of strychnine quite right in their asthma "medication"?

Do you still recommend the Jenner method? I'm not sure that scraping pus from the pustules of milk-maids infected with cow pox would go down any better now than it did in Jenner's time.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If there were no women and quack medicines chemists would go broke lol

There are plenty of men who are lacking in critical thinking skills.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

There are plenty of men who are lacking in critical thinking skills.

I think on the 3 ft of shelf space they get in a chemists its hardly breath taking if they buy a worthless product!

The "thinking" changes all the time ,first aspirin was good then it was bad ,a little dose good now its bad ,what am i going to do with all these quarter aspirins i took ages to make ,hmm take them i hate wasting money by the end they will be the next superfood!

LOL. You KNOW "Big Pharma" is a derogatory term. I do agree that they should not market vitamins, supplements and homoeopathic crap, but the thing is that some people cannot be convinced that homoeopathy is wothless. Is it not better that they at least can be supplied with "pure" homoeopathic products rather than be poisoned by some charlatan that did not get the dilution of strychnine quite right in their asthma "medication"?

Do you still recommend the Jenner method? I'm not sure that scraping pus from the pustules of milk-maids infected with cow pox would go down any better now than it did in Jenner's time.

With nobody getting routinely vaccinated in the last 50 years and no major stockpiles, if there were a major outbreak, I'd be on the lookout for Sweaty Betty behind the cow shed.
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

With nobody getting routinely vaccinated in the last 50 years and no major stockpiles, if there were a major outbreak, I'd be on the lookout for Sweaty Betty behind the cow shed.

Look at the pustules on that!

• Like 1

I think on the 3 ft of shelf space they get in a chemists its hardly breath taking if they buy a worthless product!

The "thinking" changes all the time ,first aspirin was good then it was bad ,a little dose good now its bad ,what am i going to do with all these quarter aspirins i took ages to make ,hmm take them i hate wasting money by the end they will be the next superfood!

I'm alright Jack, I have had the smallpox vaccine.

A physical stockpile of vaccine held by WHO Headquarters in Switzerland, which is composed of calf-lymph smallpox vaccines from a variety of sources dating from the final years of the eradication program that are regularly tested for potency. It is estimated to consist of approximately 2.4 million doses when reconstituted and delivered by bifurcated needle.

A pledged stockpile held by Donor countries in their respective national stockpiles for use in time of international need upon request by WHO, which currently consists of 31.01 million doses of smallpox vaccine held by France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, and the United States.