What Software Firewall Do You Use?

Guest NickInTheNorth

the best firewall is avoiding !E and OE

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest NickInTheNorth

The XP version is OK, but for me a firewall should stop information leaving your computer too. For some reason Microsoft's firewall allows outgoing data. Now why that should be I don't know, but there are plenty of people that make some interesting suggestions :D;)

If I get a wee critter (or possibly some legitimate software from a respected source) on my PC that wants to communicate with it's home I'd rather be able to deny it that right. That is why I run a third party software firewall.

Si...

So what do you need that you can't get for Linux...

Edited by NickInTheNorth

Hi all,

Just received this from Kerio. Good news for me, how about you?

Dear Kerio Personal Firewall User,

I'm proud to announce that Sunbelt Software has just completed the acquisition of the Kerio Personal Firewall from Kerio Technologies. You may know Sunbelt Software as the developer of a number of award-winning security products, including the CounterSpy antispyware program. We're thrilled with this acquisition and we're very happy to be able to continue to support you and further develop this excellent product.

Rest assured that as a member of the Sunbelt family, you will continue to receive support for your existing license and purchase subscription renewals. And they will be a lot less expensive, too.

You might wonder, what does this mean for me? In short, your firewall is now in good hands and has a future.

Here is a summary of changes of the acquisition:

NAME CHANGE

The Kerio Personal Firewall will be re-branded on an interim basis as the "Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall". (SKPF)

CONTINUED SUPPORT

As an existing customer, you will be able to continue to receive tech support through Sunbelt.

CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF THE FREE VERSION

Sunbelt will also continue Kerio's tradition of providing a basic free version for home users.

REDUCED PRICING

We are now announcing reduced pricing for SKPF: Just like our CounterSpy product, a full license will be $19.95. Yearly support subscription renewals will be just $9.95.

SPECIAL OFFER ON KERIO FIREWALL

For a limited time, we have dropped the price of the firewall even lower to $14.95! Until March 31, 2006 you can get the new Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall, including a new subscription for a whole year for just $14.95. If your subscription has run out, you need to take advantage of this special offer.

Here is the link to Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall's new home. It has links to tech support, an FAQ, a manual, the new Knowledge Base, a new download, and other resources. Bookmark this page: http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

And here is the link if you want to get a new 1-year SKPF subscription for only $14.95. Keep in mind that this offer will go away soon! http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio-Buy.cfm

Warm regards,

Stu Sjouwerman

Founder, Chief Operating Officer

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
Zonealarm is fandabbydosey

I for one disagree. ZoneAlarm is clunky crud. Kerio is good and is still free. Sunbelt are usually good at sticking to their promises.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote