They're all at it!

Guest stevie cop

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Just watched Panarama. Rather interesting take on the crime situation. It would appear that If crime were measured by the same criteria used by the tories 10 years ago it would actually have fallen.

Next week is immigration.

Steve I vowed never to speak to you about politics, but I shall break that vow. Im not sure im gonna vote Labour so you cant say Im a big fan (they have strong points - for me). But they have kept interest rates low since they came to power without hardly a blip. Just when is this balloon gonna burst??

Oh and another thing - unemployment in our town was almost 25% under the tories, It was a dead end holiday resort. Now there are jobs for everyone who wants one and the towns business' are booming (much to my dismay

I hate it whenya cant get into town for a loaf of bread :D:D ).

having been made redundant and facing eviction, I am waiting for the council to provide a house for my family.

Now a local fish factory has just employed 30 Polish workers and guess what>>>????

Yep the fnucking council has found them homes to live in. I am the wrong nationality being white and English, may sound racist but at the moment I am too angry to give a to&&

Guest stevie cop

I think a lot of what people think about different parties depends on where you live, and what your previous experiences have been.

I lived in London through the Thatcher years. A lot of people in London became very rich under Thatcher. East end barrow boys became money traders and bought new Porches. I wasn't one of them, but I did O.K. At one point my wages were going up weekly. A lot of people who previously couldn't afford to buy houses were able to buy their council homes due to the Tories.

Meanwhile up North it was a different story. I work with a few people from up North and they say that Thatcher was hated up there. There was a definate North South divide.

I can only go on my own experiences, and to be honest, I was better off under the Tories than I am under Labour. I did lose money when the property market crashed. I sold my council flat for a loss, but then I bought a house in the country for a ridiculously low price because the housing market was on its arse. So it is all relative.

I didn't vote in the 1997 election. I couldn't face voting for Major, but I also couldn't face voting for bLiar. When bLiar won, I thought there might be some consolation in better public services, but it hasn't happened. I'm being taxed more, and getting nothing in return. The country is being over run with illegal immigrants, (most of them young men. I wonder why?). Labour seem to be powerless to stop it and I've heard enough of their false promises.

It now seems that the Iraq war was all about removing Saddam Hussein, not WMD's. Why haven't they then done something about Mugabe? Oh no, here I go again! I wasn't going to get involved in politics on here any more.

As I said before, we all have our own experiences to go on. My views are based on my experiences. I am not trying to change any one elses views. I'm just giving my opinions.

If it wasnt for Thatcher our rubbish would still not be collected.

Her bigest cock up to my mind was that f,ing unbillical cord to France.

This, lot well they are just liers.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest jay_con

Are you down south too sam?.

Thatchers closing of the coal mines, and lots of other industries up here werent good news.

She ruined the north and it's only just recovering.

I never thought I would understand why anyone could vote tory. Thanks steve I now understand the philosophy. You might not of made millions, but youve had a comfortable life I guess. At least you will be happy to know that your taxes are well spent, we get a great deal out of new labour. We dont get a fortune but the family credit means the kids can have the occassional luxery - Nothing extravagent mind- Just a few days at Butlins once a year. God help us if your lot get back in. Kids will have to get a job cleaning chimneys I guess .

Guest stevie cop

Don't get me wrong @spring@, I had to work very hard for my money. I was a self employed bricklayer. When the docklands development was booming, we used to walk from one site to the next during our lunch breaks, get a start for more money, then get offered even more to stay where we were! Being young and single though, meant that I spent it as fast as I earnt it!

It didn't last though, and I didn't save anything for the rainy days that followed. In the end I left the building trade to get a secure job with regular wages every month. I took a massive pay cut in the bargain. My mates in the building were telling me that I ought to get the trowel out again a few years ago when they were earning incredible wages, but now they are being undercut by eastern european immigrants who work for far less!

Now bLiar and new labour are destroying my secure job. They are grinding us down, cutting back, taking away our conditions and thieving our pensions. I had been looking forward to retiring at 55 with a good pension. (I pay over £300 a month into my pension fund). Now I'll probably have to work until I'm 65, if I see 65, and end up with bugger all.

I can see why you don't like the Tories. Maybe you can see why I don't like Labour.

Franki.

We`ve a lovely ginger tomcat that sits on one of the pillars of our gate. If ever any politician were to darken our doorstep. The cat would purr and smile at them, then proceed to spray all over them. They`d run in disgust, as though they`d seen themselves in a mirror?

We all know the art of the politician, is to smile at everyone. Even while they`re shafting us?

The art of the voter should be, to bite the last dyck that tried to shaft you. :D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!