They're all at it!

Guest stevie cop

OR OBSTAIN, OR VOTE LIBRAL BUT IF YOU DO THAT BLAIR WILL GET BACK IN,,.,.,ROCK AND HARD PLACE COME TO MIND.

I would rather see blair in with a very small magority than the tories with a small migority.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected Jaffa! and thanks for the info. Obviously I am out of date and the data you give is fascinating. Scotland certainly dominates and I was surprised the Libs have such a presence in those areas, but what chance have they got of changing anything. Blair will continue to bow to pressure from Europe and to our own commercial fleet to try to win back their vote.

The basic point is that they don't understand how people that fish and shoot can do it for pleasure.

I also respect your views on "heads in the sand" and I am sure there are some responsible ones out there but I am still convinced there are many that take the short term "grab it now" attitude. Still, that's another issue that we could debate for hours :-)

sam-cox:

VOTE CONSERVATIVE

:cool: I shall be Sam, not that I believe they will do all they say they'll do but the other lot have been in power for 8 years and what is their track record?

1. Dunblaine, banned hand guns to cut gun crime, gun crime now at record levels but law abiding citizens banned from owning hand guns, our olympic teams have to train abroad but if the olympics are held in London they can bring their guns in.

2. Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime. Stiffer sentences to deter career criminals, three strikes and it's life. Crime now at record levels, judges told to avoid jail sentences as jails are over crowded.

3. We will work within Europe to reform the CAP and CFP. British boats being decommissioned while Spain is receiving subsidies to build bigger, more efficient boats.

4. 5 years ago Tony Bliar said,"within 2 years there will be a place with a NHS dentist for everyone that wants one." I've been private for 5 years and I'm still waiting for a NHS dentist.

5. Labour's Charter For Angling part two, what happened to part one?

No I'm not a high earner, yes I have a mortgage and I'm likely to either retire early or be made redundant due to the government sacking thousands of civil servants, of which I'm one. :mad:

[ 10. April 2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Norm B ]

The "telly" article :)

quote:

Rods not spared on project kids

The first trial of an innovative scheme aimed at “fishing” young people out of trouble was held in Broughty Ferry today.

Youngsters from the Arbroath Community Youth Centre CAFE project took part in an angling workshop at Kingennie Fishings as part of a plan to combat anti-social behaviour.

The Scottish Countryside Alliance Educational Trust launched the programme, “Get Hooked on Fishing Scotland”, after a successful pilot in 2004. Organisers say the scheme will help steer youngsters from urban backgrounds away from crime.

Twelve CAFE kids were taught the basics of fishing —how to handle a rod, cast, land and cook a fish. They were also reminded of the importance of conservation and about having respect for the environment.

Neil Anderson, the Trust’s project manager, said the pilot scheme proved that fishing was a good way of motivating young people.

“Last year we saw boys and girls who had never held a fishing rod before catching their first fish,” he said. “The look on their faces and their obvious excitement shows how powerful angling can be as a motivator for young people. If they have a chance to develop this interest I believe it can change lives.”

Chairman Tony Andrews added, “I was lucky to have a father who took me fishing in the hill lochs of Sutherland and gave me a lifelong love of wild places and fishing. I believe every young Scot should have the same opportunity. Angling can open the horizons of youngsters from urban backgrounds, divert them away from anti-social influences and give them a love for the natural environment.”

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi

Norm dont know which Dept you work for but we were faced with redundancy notices twice under the last Conservative gov, it was only with PCS support and our ability to make it political that saved our jobs. The conservatives intend to cut even more public sector jobs so dont vote for them because you think your job will be safer, because it wont! Vote for them if you believe in their policies by all means but as labour have taken nearly all the conservatives policies there isnt much between them! We could easily do a list on here of what they have and havent done but it might end up a bit like thew life of brian sketch!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com