They're all at it!

Guest stevie cop

All the the reteric makes no difference the bascic tory philosophy of capitalism means that someone has to be exploited, us!! If everything has to make a profit for someone or go under where does that leave the majority of us who are doing our best to get by?? If fishing does not make a profit is it deemed worthwhile? or will we be reduced to commercial fisheries, who stay open on our money. We had the situation under tory power of the biggest polluters of rivers being water authorities, with sewage works pumping effluent into the rivers . Then a different branch of the same body trying to stop them , what was cheaper the fine or fixing the problem? The calls for a relaxing of restrictions on big buisness should leave us all cold, the sight of scum covered rivers, gravel pits turned into land fill sights would not be far behind derestriction, why because its more profitable than a peacful area where the public can enjoy themselves. The cost of health care is a prime example, just ask someone whos reached retirement age how much their private insurance premiums jumped , theres less profit in the health care of the elderly, they cost to much!! and despite all efforts were all heading in that direction!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flybynight

I can't disagree with loads of what is being said here: there is no more disillusioned labour voter than myself. But I genuinely believe that its been so bad because Labour is so far to the right (ie outsourcing, privatising agressively, free market obsessed) instead of somewhere in the middle and listening, which is what would suit the large majority in the UK. Isn't the point that they are exactly the same as the Tories - almost indistinguishable in many areas. There were very few changes when they came in - so a vote for either is a vote for maintenance of the status quo in many things: I do think that labour still retains some sense of social values, where much of the Tory party has none. But that's about it. What a crew - across the board...

Cheers

FBN

PS How many more civil servants will be sacked under a Tory Government? Loads more - they are very clear on that point...

never mind civil servants, there will have to be hundreds of local government employees, water polution employees,? enviromental protection agency? nurseing staff for the elderly, they think that this service would be better carried out by a private entrepreneur with less regulation, I dont think so! A society is judged by its care of the weakest, I have never met a tory mp yet who shows genuine care for any one who cannot add to their wealth, and even then only if its not too much bother!!

"We will require that full provision must be made to accommodate this sector where it can be demonstrated that it has significant economic value in any specific fishery"

At the BASS agm , owen paterson gave a small response to the Bass management plan and a party political broadcast for RSA benefit, I have been around long enough to see good and bad policies in all parties and the affects of the policies.

So to be honest my politics are pretty neutral.

So just from my own RSA perspective OP's views and policies where very woolly open to many interpretations and needs greater detail.

For arguements sake , in a predominatly commercial area , the policy suggests that the FMA would consist of commercial intersts, what if someone wanted to start up a RSA fishery ( which has proven lucrative elsewhere)would it get started ? so what would be different from todays management.

I have now met 3 shadow fisheries minsters in the past 18 months , so if OP does get into power will he stay in position or will we see a fourth.

In answer to the question labourt has done nothing in 8 years , last year there was a number of reports published , if you now work this back, you can identify that movement on RSA started at least 3-4 years ago.

Again I would also ask, prior to this current goverment , what did the last Conservative govt do for RSA ?

All I want is , whoever gets into power on the 6th may, carries on immediately with all the hard work that has been undertaken by the RSA campaigners.

I do not want to have to start all over again and be in the position RSA is in now , in two years time.

cheers

Tom

Hi Peter

How you doing , it must be a bit warmer out there now.

Your quite right , OP at the Bass Agm clearly stated RSA would be charged a licence.

I should imagine there will be charges for other stakeholders too.

Peter by the way , most disappointing "the lovely Anthea didn't demonstrate the gill net" must remember to complain.

cheers

Tom

jim doyle:

All the the reteric makes no difference the bascic tory philosophy of capitalism means that someone has to be exploited, us!!

The basic tory philosophy of capitalism means that those who save and invest, are entitled to something more later in life than those who earned the same, but p!!ssed it against the wall!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest jay_con

Just had our labour candidate at the door. I think he will now be wishing he went next door instead. His ears are well and truely bashed.