They're all at it!

Guest stevie cop

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

I had the local labour county council candidate on the phone last night asking I would be voting for her and also the candidate for parliament. Told her no way would she get my vote and I was still unsure about labour for parliament. Got to laugh though, I told her of a few problems im having with the student loans company from Glasgow (anyone going to uni or whoose children are going to uni please stay well away from this bunch of cowboys). Guess what she said??? Oh its the conservatives fault.

Seems to me anything they aint got an answer for they just blame mageret Thatcher.

A few words on the integrity of the conservatives.

MINERS

SHIP BUILDERS

STEEL INDUSTRY

FISHING INDUSTRY

SCHOOL CLOSURES (class sizes averaging 45+)

COMMUNITY CENTERS CLOSED

PUBLIC TRANSPORT COMPANYS GONE BUST

millions of ruined lives in the 80s when they closed the lot within years.

Anything they didnt close they strangled!

Ill keep paying as much tax as labour needs because i have never seen the north of England looking so good!

I think the fishing has improved vastly since the conservatives were booted. Labour polititions aren't perfect but at least they dont have the reputation of the conservatives.

Since when did a cod have a regional problem for local government to manage?

Fish have a worldwide issue to address.

How can a local politition set local rules for local fishermen commecial, recreational or otherwise!

Hundereds of sections of seperate legislation with licencing would make regional diffrences a pure mare!

Don't get me wrong i think a political body supporting all fishing issues would be great but voting for fishing is rubbish. Polititions just look at us and see ££££s

Keep fishing out of the election process, it will only lead to tears if they get votes from us.

As for the libral democrats fishing promotions well done to them! Maybe they can pass some real concerns to whom ever gets the next seat in Brussels.

At the end of the day all the improvments ive seen in the sea have all been as a result of the collective european agreements.

Guest Flybynight

Steve,

I lived with my little 3 year old boy in Great Ormond St for 4 months last year - while he nearly died - but recovered thanks to the best treatment in the world for his condition (a rare and usually fatal leukaemia). Not just me saying it - the survival rates for his condition are published. Those who knock the NHS need to think about that: he had £250k of treatment for free and instantly, when he needed it. Not many countries where that would happen. In the US (which is where we are heading under a Tory government, lets be clear) the families there in our situation sell everything, and then when their friends/neighours/churches are sick of funding them - their kids die. I know of 3 cases where that has happened - no exageration. The insurance runs out quickly (small print and all that). They sell everything, beg, borrow and steal. And then its over.

There were problems with cleanliness in GoS sometimes - no question: but lets remember that this occured because the Tories (with that nasty piece of work Howard firmly pushing it) outsourced the cleaning to the lowest bidder and the lowest bidder means the worst cleaning. QED. In what world does outsourcing hospital cleaning to a cheap contractor seem like a good idea?

Now - I totally agree - Labour has not done anything but talk about it: but you won't find many of the staff in that hospital voting Tory - I asked lots of them at all levels what they thought of Labour reforms, and a reasonably resounding view was how scared they are of how the Tories would continue their privatisation agenda if they got in. There is no question in my mind (nor two mates who are Doctors): the NHS is in a much better place now (not perfect by a very long way) than it was 8 years ago - and the results are really coming through now at last.

Someone mentioned dentistry previously: it was the Tories who effectively got rid of NHS dentists, not Labour. Labour didn't reinstate them its true (and maybe it was right to get rid of them in the first place - these things cost a fortune and we have to make some decisions here) but it was Maggie who did the deed - firmly supported the bloke now blaming Labour for it all. If you want lies, then Howard takes some beating. Blair really hasn't got a patch on those Tories on the lying stakes.

Still not voting Labour though...that war is an absolute disgrace...

Now where's my fishing rod...I've got some canvassers at the door...

FBN

Flybynight:

Steve,

There were problems with cleanliness in GoS sometimes - no question: but lets remember that this occured because the Tories (with that nasty piece of work Howard firmly pushing it) outsourced the cleaning to the lowest bidder and the lowest bidder means the worst cleaning. QED. In what world does outsourcing hospital cleaning to a cheap contractor seem like a good idea?

Still not voting Labour though...that war is an absolute disgrace...

Now where's my fishing rod...I've got some canvassers at the door...

FBN

:cool: Blame the Toies for dirty hospitials, 8 years is a long time for a cleaning contract to run, get real. I remember seeing a politics programme on the TV a couple of years ago when the labour guy said he blamed the problem on the previous government, the questioner said" but you were the previous government" laughs all round, one embarrassed labour MP. :D .

Guest stevie cop

Everyone has their own experiences to go on. I've got mine, just like you've got yours.

I agree with Norm. If Labour don't like what the Tories did, why haven't they changed it in the 8 years they have been in? They can't go on blaming the Tories for their own failings.

Your two doctor friends think the NHS is better now than 8 years ago. I have spoken to plenty of doctors, nurses and paramedics who would strongly disagree.

If Labour have been unable to make changes to things they don't like, ie, Tory policies, then it just goes to show how incompetent they are. Or how dishonest!

If I were to promise, complete compliance with all scientific studies on marine conservation.

Would you vote for me?

The first labour government of this labour rule did. They reneged on their promise. The author of the report resigned.

I can`t say that the conservatives did any better. Just that they didn`t have the scientific studies thrust under their noses.

Who should we vote for? It`s your vote and your conscience. If you`ve asked a question from a local MP, did the answer sound honest? If you`ve never asked any questions. Why not!!

Democracy is not about putting a cross on a ballot paper every 5 years!

This is why I ask. Is your local MP honest. Not, does he fiddle his office expenses. Does he vote in parliament, the way you expected him to when he got your vote. Have you even checked up on the way he votes?

Forget what coloured banner is behind him, when he asks for your vote at a local meeting.

A local MP, should stand up in parliament for the issues that affect his local constituents. If they hide beneath the banner of a national party, then they`re worthless.

Crime, education, health? All parties will try and outpromise the others.

In my lifetime I`ve seen both conservative and labour governments bring this country to its knees.

Just for a change, why not vote for someone you trust, or think will make a difference to your town or city.

It might just make the big spin parties sit up and take notice.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

It was the Lawson budget of 1988 that caused the Tories to fall.

Giving bloody idiots a few months to get up to their eyes in debt, because double MIRAS was going to be abolished, pushed nearly every house up to the £60,000 threshold. As soon as the end of September came(or was it August), the property market nose-dived. The financial institutions panicked as usual, grabbing what they could from anybody who still had something left, to make up for all the third world debt defaulters and the rest is history.

We've got a Labour Government. We've got a local Labour MP (by 77 votes) and over 800 of us are being made redundant this year. Most of the jobs are being moved to an ex-mining area in Staffordshire!

Last Saturday week, there were 65 of us at work, only 14 were British.

Somebody has predicted that in 10 years there will be no manual work for white British males. I can believe it!

I suppose Bliar thinks that we will all be so educated, educated, educated that we will be supervising all the imigrants. Well, I work, loading lorries, with a Polish chap who has a masters degree in economics. I think Bliar had better think that through again!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net